Newb's idea for configuring a Solarforce L2T

Norseman2

Newly Enlightened
What do you flashaholics think of this setup for a Solarforce L2T:

My plan:
Bulb:
http://www.lighthound.com/Lumens-Fa...ssembly-for-SureFire-C-P-Z-Series_p_1004.html
Lumens Factory EO-4 Extreme Output 3.7V, 190 Lumens Lamp Assembly for SureFire C / P / Z Series

Part Number LFEO4

Battery:
[url]http://www.lighthound.com/AW-18650-Protected-2600-mAh-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3125.html[/URL]
AW 18650 Protected 2600 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery

Part Number AW18650P26

Host:
[url]http://www.lighthound.com/Solar-Force-L2T-Flashlight-Host-for-18650--L2-Host-Black-Finish_p_3900.html[/URL]
Solar Force L2T Flashlight Host for 18650 - L2 Host Black Finish

Part Number SOLL2T

Charger
[url]http://www.lighthound.com/Ultrafire-WF-139-Charger-for-14500-17500-18500-18650-RCR123-37-volt-Lithium-Battery-Charger_p_2279.html[/URL]
Ultrafire WF-139 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
All good stuff. I have several L2T hosts and I'm very satisfied w/ the quality. The charger works well, I've had no problems w/ it charging any cells. The AW cells are legendary at this point. I don't have any of the LF incan drop-ins but I have quite a few of their LED models and all are well made, rugged and have good output. If this is your first order from Lighthound I'd say you have a winner.

Norseman2

Newly Enlightened
Why not go with a nice led module ? The rest looks good !

I'd be happy to put an LED in this instead of incandescent if I knew which one to go with. I don't like that blue/white tint of LEDs I've seen. My main usage for this light will be night time hiking. Is there one that would work with 1 X 18670 and be as bright and not white wash the trees/foliage?

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be happy to put an LED in this instead of incandescent if I knew which one to go with. I don't like that blue/white tint of LEDs I've seen. My main usage for this light will be night time hiking. Is there one that would work with 1 X 18670 and be as bright and not white wash the trees/foliage?
There's a pre-order for Malkoff LED modules using the Nichia 219 high CRI emitters. You'll get more output, longer run times, and almost the same light quality as the incan. The color is neutral white, from what I've seen, leaning towards the warmer side.

Norseman2

Newly Enlightened
There's a pre-order for Malkoff LED modules using the Nichia 219 high CRI emitters. You'll get more output, longer run times, and almost the same light quality as the incan. The color is neutral white, from what I've seen, leaning towards the warmer side.

With everything else I'm spending on, I just can't justify a Malkoff bulb just yet. How much will this one cost?

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're going for $69. Keep in mind that, though the initial investment is higher, it pays for itself over time. The drop-in should last for a very long time and you won't need to spend money on replacement bulbs. The batteries last longer per charge, too, so you won't need to carry as many spares with you.

Norseman2

Newly Enlightened
They're going for $69. Keep in mind that, though the initial investment is higher, it pays for itself over time. The drop-in should last for a very long time and you won't need to spend money on replacement bulbs. The batteries last longer per charge, too, so you won't need to carry as many spares with you.

I think I'm gonna have to wait on getting this bulb, but I'll definitely be getting it to go with what I'm setting up. Thanks guys!

A10K

Newly Enlightened
I have a Lumens Factory D26 HCRI in my Solar Force (well, its been relegated to my UF recently, but point still stands). Its fantastic for night hiking and an around-the-house light at night. The low mode and warm temperature are great for not waking sleeping partners, and its great for midnight strolls. The peak intensity is low even for an XP-G, so don't try to do any biking/Search and Rescue with it. Very floody.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got several of the LF High CRI drop-ins and I love 'em. I also have a pair of older LF XRE drop-ins [both single & multi-mode] w/ nice neutral/warm tint. The new Nichia 219 High CRI emitter has a much higher color temp [4500K vs. the Cree High CRI ~2700-3000K] so its much whiter but still has outstanding color rendition.

BTW A10, you can improve the LF HCRI drop-ins "throw" by trying an XPG SMO reflector. I found one from an earlier UF drop-in that gives a nice tight hot-spot w/o much in the way of rings. If you have some spare drop-ins try swapping the reflectors around, you may find one that gives a more narrow beam.