Newby with a very first post.

Gandalf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Orion:
Gandolf, very useful information! Please, could you inform me of such places to buy cheap 123's?!

Slippery slope, . . . . .. . yes! Someone needs to come up with a Graemlin that's sliding down a hill!

.\
..\
...\
blush.gif

....\
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The trick is to buy lithium 223 cells, which contain 2 123 cells in a pastic housing. You have to remove the 2 cells, and insulate them with some tape, but of course you do save a *lot* of money. Somebody has a great website with step by step pictures of how to do this, but I can't remember where I saw the post with the link.

E-mail me when you get, or have decided to get, a 123 battery eater, and I'll dig up the source(s) where Ive gotten some cheap 223's, in the past.
wink.gif
cool.gif
blush.gif

SFR

Newly Enlightened
You can also search eBay for batteries.

I got 10 CR123's for $24. Not the lowest price ever, but it's better than paying $6+ for just one battery at an electronics store.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

hey, here's another noobie to CPF, and probably another noobie considered to u guys in terms of being a flashlight freak. *heh*

just for a short intro, i'm from Singapore unlike most of u guys. my flashlight addiction started when i first bought a minimag for myself on my birthday (sad ist it?)... then shortly, another minimag and a 3C mag during my national service term.

Now i own 3 Pelican flashes (SaberLite, SteathLite and the Magnum Plus)

i was reading the forum on the PT Surge. seems like a great light. but i wonder how it measures up to the pelicans i have.

And yes, i'm AMAZED by the SF series. Man, those things are like artifacts! I'd luv to own the E2 and M3 soon. but the conversion rates from USD to SD isnt exactly that encouraging...

Saaby

Flashaholic
I buy lots of things for myself on my birthday. This years birthday (Hmmm..should I post the date? What the heck, 7-10) is likey going to augment my Arc AAA fund, or, if I have already ordered that, start my "Convert my Nordic" fund.

Technically I'm a newby too, I joined almost but not quite a week ago. Hmmmm...not quite sure when I became a "flashaholic" but I did work with lights at my school (Stage lights are a WHOLE different world...you could NEVER use LEDs there, anyway...) and uhh then I asked Craig a question about the Dorky Cool Blue and he directed me here or something...can't remember exactly how it happened.

I've been interupted about 3 times typin this in so it's probably lost any hope of focus it ever had
tongue.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yeah, 7 as in July (I forget sometimes we have people from the land of Tyres and other places here...wouldn't have it any other way though)

I had a friend with a list of all the days and something that happened on that way...we also share a birthday with the actor that played Herman Munster.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading a lot of the posts on this forum, I realize that I am a flashlight Amateur. I HAVE modified some lights, but they were costmetic, or done by someone else and the bulb replaced, like the 3 LED unit I put in my Mini Maglight. Some of the stuff talked about on here are over my head.
confused.gif

It's good to be here!
smile.gif

Latest posts