Nextorch MyTorch 18650 review - A Layman's Perspective

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battery looks like the ones Streamlight uses in it's Strion and Inova uses in the T4. I believe it's an 18650 in a plastic case and wired so positive and negative connections are both at the top of the cell. But if that's true, I'm surprised other 18650s work.

baragon

Newly Enlightened
I downloaded the mytorch tuner software a week or so ago. I saw that someone had their anti-virus flag it up as a Trojan so i scanned my computer and it all seemed fine i even scanned the folder that the download was in and all seemed fine but today my AVG anti-virus found a virus on my computer and it says it is in the MYTorch file and is called " TROJAN HORSE GENERIC 3.C cbqs " so perhaps it sits there a while before activating.
Does not sound too good for for Nextorch though, i realy wanted one of these like many other people but i dont want software thats going to have a virus in it. The pdf instruction book on their site says download the software from their web site so it seems it wont come with a cd rom.

thegeekguy

Newly Enlightened
Aardvark,

Nice review. Interesting concept. Now we wait for the Apple ILight version w/ 7" touch screen and wireless charging....

Its nice looking but the proprietary battery format is a non-starter for me.

The Apple battery is non-compatible to anything either, but people still buy them because of its innovative features. Even though how can we compare an App on Apple to a flashlight?

thegeekguy

Newly Enlightened
Aardvark,

Nice review. Interesting concept. Now we wait for the Apple ILight version w/ 7" touch screen and wireless charging....

Its nice looking but the proprietary battery format is a non-starter for me.

Apple's battery is not compatible to any other battery, people still buy it because of its innovative features.
Besides, how can we compare the functions of an Apple app to a flashlight?

Thumbs up to NEXTORCH!!!