• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nichia LEDs

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I contacted Robyn, and Peak built a mule for me. It arrived yesterday and it's terrific. The tint of this Nichia emitter is extremely pleasant. A great offering and a great opportunity. Many thanks to Robyn and Curt.

Vemice

Enlightened
Got my replacement head today,, the output is much more to my liking now. Is it normal for the head to rattle? The first one didn't, but the second one does.
Is it the head or the battery? Depending on the battery some of mine rattle a bit. If it bugs me, I just wrap a piece of tape around it.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it the head or the battery? Depending on the battery some of mine rattle a bit. If it bugs me, I just wrap a piece of tape around it.
The head. Actually, my El Capitan's head rattles too, but I've never asked about it.

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
Got my replacement head today,, the output is much more to my liking now. Is it normal for the head to rattle? The first one didn't, but the second one does.
Hmmm, it shouldn't rattle .. unless we forgot the centering ring .. it doesn't happen often, but we are human after all. If it bothers you, send it back with the other head, toss in the El Cap head as well, I'll take a look and see what needs to be done.

Best,

Robyn

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, it shouldn't rattle .. unless we forgot the centering ring .. it doesn't happen often, but we are human after all. If it bothers you, send it back with the other head, toss in the El Cap head as well, I'll take a look and see what needs to be done.

Best,

Robyn
I'll do that, thank you! I should get them out tomorrow, if not Tuesday.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent all 3 heads in yesterday. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to swap out the LED in the El Capitan to a Nichia (for a fee of course) or would that be too difficult with the potting?

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
I sent all 3 heads in yesterday. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to swap out the LED in the El Capitan to a Nichia (for a fee of course) or would that be too difficult with the potting?
Thank you, I will keep a look out and advise
It would be VERY difficult to "swap" the LED without totally destroying the head .. sorry.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got both of my fixed heads back yesterday, exactly 1 week after I sent them out! Big thumbs up and a thank you for the quick turnaround!:bowdown:

The light is absolutely perfect now!

CHNeal

Enlightened
I recently had Robyn do a second run of Eigers for me. 18 - 24 months or so ago she did a run of Eigers with 219B 5700k hicri i had been sitting on. They are most excellent but that meant everyone in my family wanted one…She just last month did a run of 219C 5000K 80+ cri for me that might be even better then the "B"run. Not sure if its the very low forward voltage of the C emitter but these give the most touch response with the momentary switch and QTC then any of the 15 or so Eigers Ive owned.
I truly don't need any more Eigers as I have enough now to keep one in my pocket for lif3 but ordering a custom run from Robyn is so much fun I'm think I am going to have her do a run for the guys in my shop for XMAS!

Thanks again Robyn, you are the best!
Clay

Last edited:

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_0691.jpeg

Some Nichia 219b Eiger builds. Left to right:
  1. Copper, sw30, medium optic
  2. Stainless, sw35, medium optic
  3. HA, sw40, narrow optic
  4. HA, sw45k, medium optic
The sw30 in copper deliciously warm. Thanks, Robyn!

carrot

Flashaholic
These are the sort of magic words I needed to hear to place an order.

Is there more options besides sw40 available?

Latest posts