Nitecore Bubble (Camping/Ambient Light, Lantern, 3xAAA, li-ion)

Budda

Enlightened
I received the Nitecore Bubbles from Nitecore for the Review

The Nitecore Lamp is a simple, round shaped ambient light, featuring 4 HICRI emitters. It can be powered by 3xAAA batteries, or a single li-ion HLB1300 from Nitecore. The Nitecore Bubble has a string with 2 magnets, allowing it to be attached to metallic surfaces or looped around objects. It is available in several colors.

The Nitecore Bubble mesures 72mm in diameter, and considering also the loop, it measures 132mm in length, with a weight of 60 grams.

Nitecore_Bubble_09.jpg

The Nitecore Bubble comes in this box.

Nitecore_Bubble_01.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_02.jpg

Inside the box: the light , 3 AAA alkaline batteries, and the manual.

Nitecore_Bubble_03.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_04.jpg

The part around the emitter is made of a soft silicone, and is translucent, allowing a good 360 diffusion of the light.

Nitecore_Bubble_15.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_16.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_05.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_11.jpg

The "tail" with the 2 magnets.

Nitecore_Bubble_06.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_07.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_08.jpg

The top plastic part has a dent in it, it's a touch sensor that is used to control the Bubble

Nitecore_Bubble_10.jpg

Twisting the top part, you can either open it, exposing the battery compartment, keep it off, or activate it (and then you can control it with the touch sensitive area)

Nitecore_Bubble_12.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_13.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_14.jpg

Runtime

Nitecore_Bubble_17.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_18.jpg

UI

Nitecore_Bubble_19.jpg

My thoughts

The Bubble is well made and finished.

The regulation is good even with alkaline batteries, being able to balance output and regulation.

With a max output rating of 100 lumens (according to the specs), we are not in front of a super powerful flashlight like many other Nitecore, but rather a low budget, lower output flashlight that has the purpose of providing soft, warm, HICRI diffused light in a tent while camping or in a small room.

I found the interface clear and easy to use, with a lockout available, but a few times I had trouble finding the switch.

I like the candle mode for ambiance purposes. The IPX4 rating is appropriate for the intended use.

Thanks to: AntoLed, Won, Zampa.

Last edited:

Budda

Enlightened
Sorry, I can't edit anymore my original post. Can an admin replace it with this? Thanks
I received the Nitecore Bubbles from Nitecore for the Review

The Nitecore Lamp is a simple, round shaped ambient light, featuring 4 HICRI emitters. It can be powered by 3xAAA batteries, or a single li-ion HLB1300 from Nitecore. The Nitecore Bubble has a string with 2 magnets, allowing it to be attached to metallic surfaces or looped around objects. It is available in several colors.

The Nitecore Bubble mesures 72mm in diameter, and considering also the loop, it measures 132mm in length, with a weight of 60 grams.

Nitecore_Bubble_09

The Nitecore Bubble comes in this box.

Nitecore_Bubble_01.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_02.jpg

Inside the box: the light , 3 AAA alkaline batteries, and the manual.

Nitecore_Bubble_03.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_04.jpg

The part around the emitter is made of a soft silicone, and is translucent, allowing a good 360 diffusion of the light.

Nitecore_Bubble_15.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_16.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_05.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_11.jpg

The "tail" with the 2 magnets.

Nitecore_Bubble_06.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_07.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_08.jpg

The top plastic part has a dent in it, it's a touch sensor that is used to control the Bubble

Nitecore_Bubble_10.jpg

Twisting the top part, you can either open it, exposing the battery compartment, keep it off, or activate it (and then you can control it with the touch sensitive area)

Nitecore_Bubble_12.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_13.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_14.jpg

Runtime

Nitecore_Bubble_17.jpg

Nitecore_Bubble_18.jpg

UI

Nitecore_Bubble_19.jpg

My thoughts

The Bubble is well made and finished.

The regulation is good even with alkaline batteries, being able to balance output and regulation.

With a max output rating of 100 lumens (according to the specs), we are not in front of a super powerful flashlight like many other Nitecore, but rather a low budget, lower output flashlight that has the purpose of providing soft, warm, HICRI diffused light in a tent while camping or in a small room.

I found the interface clear and easy to use, with a lockout available, but a few times I had trouble finding the switch.

I like the candle mode for ambiance purposes. The IPX4 rating is appropriate for the intended use.

Thanks to: AntoLed, Won, Zampa.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well in the United States it currently goes at just under $26. There is a special rechargable battery pack that you can get that seems like the Petzl versions and it is 100 lumens. None of this is really great but it is such a cool design. Sometimes lights are so much like each other that they aren't so interesting but this stands out as something unique and fun.

I use a couple of Princeton Tec Helix lanterns for camping and they are very medocre too and cost more than double of this. Going to Nitecore's website they had some interesting ideas as to alternate uses of this light that were creative.