Nitecore Defender Infinity Q5

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you by any chance have a LF5?

If so, how does it compare (max brightness) to the DI?

Francis

I have the LF3 CR123
I use RCR123.

Pics in the other post are acurate to what I see. Liteflux has a little less brightness and a smaller hotspot. Twisty vs Momentary. Both are nice,LF 3 is smaller and really 3 levels available. PIA tp program but once set to your likeing it just stays there.

Darell

Flashaholic
I've got to ask if anybody has attempted to have a warranty repair done on this light?

My quick story: I'm quite interested in new UI implementations, and so wanted to give the Infinity a try for the express purpose of checking out the interface. When the light arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at how it worked, the quality and the output. For an EDC, I really liked the UI. Set it once, and just use it. GREAT! Less than two days later, the UI would not function. I get high, and sometimes it'll strobe for no particular reason. I've done everything at my disposal to get it working right again, and nothing helps. I have tried to contact the various dealers that are to be offering local support, and have heard nothing back in the three weeks that I've been trying.

Where'd everybody go?

kilgor

Enlightened
From Tadgear's website:

Due to the high volume of orders there are longer than usual delays in response times and in order fulfillment. We apologize for the delays, but please know we are working hard to bring on new staff and operational systems to improve customer service and processing times. TAD Gear will be launching a new website and ecommerce system in the first quarter of 2008 to improve our service to you. You have our many thanks and appreciation for your patience and long years of support. We are here to get you the best gear and doing everything we can to get you the best service. ~ TAD Gear Staff.

Call them at
415-318-8252. I hope they take care of you. Keep us informed please. :popcorn:

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
From Tadgear's website:

Call them at
[/color][/size]
415-318-8252. I hope they take care of you. Keep us informed please. :popcorn:

Either that or PM/email Ms. Wong (EDGETAC). She's been super with getting back to me with my questions/problems. One of the best customer service responses I've seen on any light I've ever bought on CPF so far.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
Either that or PM/email Ms. Wong (EDGETAC). She's been super with getting back to me with my questions/problems. One of the best customer service responses I've seen on any light I've ever bought on CPF so far.

Yea I contacted her and told her about my problem with the switch on my DI. She was very helpful and I will be getting a replacement part soon.
I really like this light and even though the switch is stuck in the on position I'm still using it as my EDC. I'm currently using it as a twisty.

robo21

Enlightened
I've got to ask if anybody has attempted to have a warranty repair done on this light?

My quick story: I'm quite interested in new UI implementations, and so wanted to give the Infinity a try for the express purpose of checking out the interface. When the light arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at how it worked, the quality and the output. For an EDC, I really liked the UI. Set it once, and just use it. GREAT! Less than two days later, the UI would not function. I get high, and sometimes it'll strobe for no particular reason. I've done everything at my disposal to get it working right again, and nothing helps. I have tried to contact the various dealers that are to be offering local support, and have heard nothing back in the three weeks that I've been trying.

Where'd everybody go?

"Everybody" didn't go away. Edgetac has been posting in follow up threads and has been easily reachable via PM's or emails for me and others. Perhaps you haven't tried contacting Ms Wong yet?

I agree with srvctec, "One of the best customer service responses I've seen on any light I've ever bought on CPF so far."