Nitecore MH20: XM-L2 (U2),micro-usb, 1x18650, max. 1000 lumens, (beam)shots, compare

heiden.jeffrey

Newly Enlightened
I just got a MH27 and this was one of the other options. I really like this light for the compact size. I just really wanted my next light to have a + and - beam selector.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: Nitecore MH20: XM-L2 (U2),micro-usb, 1x18500, max. 1000 lumens, (beam)shots, comp

I have had mine for 3 months and it has accidentally turned on 3 times carrying it in the holster. The last time it accidentally turned on it got so hot I could not hold it. Now I unscrew the tail cap slightly to prevent this from happening

That's why I surrounded the button with slightly raised stick-on Velcro. Completely solved the problem. Also, I charge externally and always have a second battery in the light. That way it's always ready to go. When traveling I take the Xtar MC1 Plus charger. It's tiny and can charge at 1A.

Brightnorm

Here's HJK's review:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjftNrE-NDMAhXn64MKHQ8lDqkQFggiMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.candlepowerforums.com%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%3F401860-Test-Review-of-Charger-Xtar-MC1Plus&usg=AFQjCNElyyEDp3LjapYsnyT8IUPe4cvlYA

Last edited:

Lesterq

Newly Enlightened
Could I have some advice on whether the Panasonic 18650b protected fits in the mh20?

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could I have some advice on whether the Panasonic 18650b protected fits in the mh20?

Yes, should be the same length as the protected Nitecore battery that is recommended. There a bit of bounce in the spring that should take up the 1 or 2mm difference for the protection board, if there is any. Stick with button tops.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes any Panny protected B will fit. Heck my protected GA's fit even my year old Orbtronic NCR18650G 3600mah protected cells fit the light. Some folks with any of the 3 MH20 variants have been able to use flat tops and some cannot get their MH20 to work without a button top so just safer to stick with button tops as that is what NC specifies for the light anyways. MH20 also takes 2xCR123's no problem. Do not know the voltage range for the MH20's and do not feel like possibly blowing out my expensive MH20 experimenting with 2x16340/18350. 2xCR123's made the light get hot very fast with zero visually perceptible increase in output. Have all 3 MH20's. Favorite is the NW XML2 version.

Lesterq

Newly Enlightened
Famous seller in Singapore is OOS for the Panasonic and the only other seller is
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/PANASONIC-NCR18650B-3400MAH-HIGH-CAPACITY-LI-ION-RECHARGEABLE/410061209

However the listing is quite unclear and I'm in a hurry to buy so that the batteries will be here before my light is here.

So I would like to check are all circuit protected Panasonic button top? :p

Because you state that all Panasonic protected will work but go for button top if possible.

Thanks in advance!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
avoid the cells in the link. Panasonic cells do not come from the factory protected/button top. What part of the world are you in? Asia I am assuming? The listing is BS these cells are made in Japan only as are the protection circuits that go on re wrapped protected Panasonic B cells they are just put together in China. Gearbest and Banggood are the only 2 Chinese sources that have real cells that I know of. Avoid Fasttech and Aliexpress. In Asia Soshine cells should be aplenty. I got 4 3400mah Panny B based protected Soshines almost 2 years ago to go in my TK75 and they have turned out to be some of the best 3400mah Panny B bases protected cells I have ever used. I am not sure about their other cells but their 3400's are solid they are legit.

Latest posts