Niteye EYE30 Desert Edition Review

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks man. i guess the handle helps out a lot with usability?

The handle is indeed a very useful feature.

I frequently need to use both hands while using the light. OK I could use a headlight, but with the handle I can just hang the EYE30 from my little finger while picking something else up with the same hand.

It also acts as further heat-sinking, as with the EYE30 running on maximum it gets quite warm, and you can feel the handle also getting warm near the head of the light.

For the last couple of weeks I have had the handle attached and this is probably going to be its permanent configuration.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely great review, I've been planning to buy between this and the TM11. I think after this review it's sure which im going after.

nitric

Newly Enlightened
Ordered one from a local seller in malaysia. can't wait to get my hands on it. temptation is too great.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
great review, but the lumen:dollar ratio is way off:(

If you are worried about Lumen: Dollar ratio then there are loads of budget lights to choose from. They will give you great bang for you buck, for a month or two when the switch fails, or the driver goes up in smoke.

The EYE30 is a great performer with good design and is well built and should last.

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
If you are worried about Lumen: Dollar ratio then there are loads of budget lights to choose from. They will give you great bang for you buck, for a month or two when the switch fails, or the driver goes up in smoke.

The EYE30 is a great performer with good design and is well built and should last.
Oh i agree totally, however, i prefer to compare it with my X6 Marauder for dollar value where i get a ratio of 1cent per lumen.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Oh i agree totally, however, i prefer to compare it with my X6 Marauder for dollar value where i get a ratio of 1cent per lumen.

What about the dollar to inconvenience ratio of a substantial battery pack clipped to your belt with a cord running between it and the handheld light?

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
What about the dollar to inconvenience ratio of a substantial battery pack clipped to your belt with a cord running between it and the handheld light?
No inconvinience what so ever for me, sorry

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
Most horses will drink whatever mud is dished up, this one knows better:)

1 cent to 1 lumen on a well built light is a damn good deal in any language. End of story.

(update: ty to ebay, its mine for a cent a lumen):twothumbs

Last edited:

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
In all fairness folks, this light, which i received yesterday, is pretty damn fine. Its switch mechanism is far more human friendly than that of the TM11 and this particular one is about 20% brighter than my TM11 which also boasts an awful green hue as opposed to the Niteye30's pure white beam. Highly recommended....

easilyled

Flashaholic
In all fairness folks, this light, which i received yesterday, is pretty damn fine. Its switch mechanism is far more human friendly than that of the TM11 and this particular one is about 20% brighter than my TM11 which also boasts an awful green hue as opposed to the Niteye30's pure white beam. Highly recommended....

Pleased to hear that, but a refined switch mechanism has nothing to do with "1 cent to 1 lumen" so I'm surprised you appreciate it. :nana: