Noco G3500 - safe to charge from car's 12V socket

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
Hey peeps.

I have the Noco G3500 charger. How safe is charging a car battery from a 12V car cigarette/12v socket? Is the 12V socket directly in line to the battery? My car boot won't open so I don't have access to the Battery compartment. 2001 525i

This accessory says motorcycles. Safe on Cars?

thanks.
Xiphex

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes both should work fine. IF I am reading the specs correctly that charger draws 3.5amps. You should be fine in a automotive cig lighter or 12 volt accessory. They are usually 5 to 10 amps. Double check the amp draw.

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Some sockets are directly connected (through the fuse block) to the battery. However, a majority are now switched on with the ignition. You won't be able to charge that way, if it is.
Is your hood release electronic? No other way to get it open?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Web says that turning the key 45 degrees activates the electronic trunk release. Turning 90 with a lot more resistance opens the mechanical release.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
#2 Str7Stoke --> I'll check the draw.
#3, #4 Floating Spots --> My car's 12v is directly connected to the battery or through a fuse to the battery because I can power the socket without turning on the aux. It's the boot that doesn't open electronically. My hood is manual.
You're right, didn't know that until you pointed out. All the way left turn, and a bit more forces the boot open. Thanks.

I'll check the fuse compartment tomorrow, I think the boot fuse melted , otherwise I'll try charging the car battery.

Last edited: