• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Non-battery-crush QTC flashlights (2nd run and combo package now available)

RCantor

Enlightened
Re: ON SALE! Fraz Labs QTC flashlights (3rd run now available version 1.1)

Is it wrong to want both? :)

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the 26650 form factor is a perfect match for this light. Really gives it that "built like a tank" look.

TheFraz

Enlightened

After much headache and trial and error, I finally finished the prototype for the Nugget tonight. It will feature a fully user-replaceable QTC engine and will be wire-free (for extra fail-safe). This light has made many advancements from the original design, but I think the most important is the easy-replace QTC engine. Here is a video demonstrating me replacing the QTC in seconds:

I had to use small pliers to grab the piston (because my hands are large), but most users should be able to replace the QTC tool free. Also, this prototype will be somewhat different aesthetically when it is ready to sell. This one is mainly an exercise in function. I will probably open up a new thread for this light before too long. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

-Fraz

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

There has been this issue with Peak(?) about access to replacement QTC material. Reports indicate eBay seller(s) have it but I was wondering if you would sell QTC units to us as spares?
That Nugget looks really nice. Have you decided what emitter you will use? Will the LED be reasonable to replace?

So hoping you will offer an 18650 model like you said, plus the 26650 (that can handle a 72mm long battery)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes!! This is gonna be awesome! Thanks for the video! I love the look of the Nugget! This is gonna be a awesome light.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Would anyone be interested in a blemish light? I have a few light bodies of the 26650 model that have small blemishes in the anodizing (mostly just small marks near the threads). The performance isn't affected in any way, I just don't want to sell them at full price because of these small imperfections. Let me know if anyone would like one - I'll sell them for $100.

Yes, if you still have any I'd be interested.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
A few teaser pictures of the upcoming smaller version of this light... These prototypes will be anodized like the 26650 version when they are finished.

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

Actually I'd like a bare one without the ano and one with if that's okay.

Zandar

Enlightened
I only just discovered this thread, wow! what an impressive line of lights. I'm definitely interested in a 26650 or 18650 "tank" .

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like one of those smaller lights in raw form too

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bare ones are a hit! I would like one too. This would be cool to give a brush finish to. Or some type of stone wash.

Zandar! Where you been! lol I have one of the 26650's and it is a true Tank of a light. I promise you, you can pound nails with it. I can't say enough With the QTC, you have virtually any output you want. I have put it on super low and left it on as a night light camping. 3 nights no problem on one King Kong. Plus I used it on max a few times. I have never tested the run times because there would be no real way to say "low", "med" or "high", you can put it anywhere you want. I guess you could test the max output runtime.

Also, due to the shape of the light, it fits your hand so well, I added a lanyard to really make it secure to hold.

TheFraz

Enlightened
Love it. Any space for a clip or at least a lanyard?

I would like to put a pocket clip or hole for a lanyard in there if the design allows. I'm pretty cramped for space in keeping the light as small as possible while maintaining function. I think we are going to at least make a lanyard that can be attached to the body.

There has been this issue with Peak(?) about access to replacement QTC material. Reports indicate eBay seller(s) have it but I was wondering if you would sell QTC units to us as spares?
That Nugget looks really nice. Have you decided what emitter you will use? Will the LED be reasonable to replace?

So hoping you will offer an 18650 model like you said, plus the 26650 (that can handle a 72mm long battery)

Yes, I will be offering replacement QTC material. The Nugget will be able to take a XM-L2 or an XP-G and it should be extremely easy to replace. My goal with this light has been to make it wire and solder free...so if it continues to work through testing, you will be able to drop an LED in without any extra wires etc. Yes, the 26650 is being redesigned as well. It will use a larger, more throwy optic and be a bit beefier :D. The Nugget will be available with an 18350 or 18650 battery tube.

Yes, if you still have any I'd be interested.

I am currently sold out of our older models. I do have some extra parts from the old models - if I can assemble a full light from the parts, I will let you know.

Actually I'd like a bare one without the ano and one with if that's okay.

The cool thing about the light shown in the video is it's not actually bare aluminum :D. We've tinkered around with anodizing until we came up with a natural color that I think looks very nice. That silver/gray color is the natural color of the anodized body on the prototype. I will post a pic in just a second demonstrating the color.

TheFraz

Enlightened
Here is a more clear picture of the type of finish on the prototype:

ano_zps1nqsj7yd.jpg

The top half is finished like the Nugget, the bottom half is raw aluminum. I like the way it looks, and it seems to be a very hard coat. I'm going to carry the light around with my keys and see how it holds up. The finish has an almost ceramic feel to it.

TheFraz

Enlightened

Bare ones are a hit! I would like one too. This would be cool to give a brush finish to. Or some type of stone wash.

Zandar! Where you been! lol I have one of the 26650's and it is a true Tank of a light. I promise you, you can pound nails with it. I can't say enough With the QTC, you have virtually any output you want. I have put it on super low and left it on as a night light camping. 3 nights no problem on one King Kong. Plus I used it on max a few times. I have never tested the run times because there would be no real way to say "low", "med" or "high", you can put it anywhere you want. I guess you could test the max output runtime.

Also, due to the shape of the light, it fits your hand so well, I added a lanyard to really make it secure to hold.

I'm a big fan of the brushed look too. That is what I'm going to go for with the new line I believe. I really like the size of the Nugget. It actually has the same optic as the old 26650, but in a much much smaller package. I think of it as kind of like a tablet light (a tablite I guess:D). It is not keychain-small, but it is much smaller than a P60 type light. Able to handle large light tasks, but small enough to pocket carry. Reminds me of the place between a laptop and phone...the tablet.

gunga

Flashaholic

Great finish! How about an optional kit with both battery tubes?