Nooby needs AA Battery & charger help

Kremer

Enlightened
B) Most WalMart's sell a Sanyo Eneloop smart charger + 4 AA cells for $20. It's in the camera section with the DV tapes and flash cards, not with the other batteries.

I was in the local wall of mart last night and they had the Eneloop combo on clearance for $16.00 FWIW.

Glasstream15

Newly Enlightened
Don't worry about a "spec'd" max capacity. If it charges NiMH AA batteries, it will charge any NiMH AA battery. It is highly unlikely that AA battery capacity will ever go above 3 amps (3000 ma) and most of the batteries that are rated very much above 2 amps are inflated. The newer Low Self Discharge batteries are probably as high capacity as any of the older tech, just a more honest rating. You just want a charger that has between 1 and 5 hours charge time, meaning 400 to 1000 mA output, and individual channel monitor.

Personally, I like the Energizer Family Charger from Target for about $30. 4 channels and you can charge 1 or 2 AA or AAA in each. Plus it will do 9 V and C/D cells. I don't worry about discharging my batteries. First, and it's still controversial, but it hasn't really been proven that it actually makes any difference in NiMH batteries. And second, They get run down pretty good in use anyway.

JMNSHO & of course YMMV