Obama Stew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sounds like it's got some big, bold Old West flavor..

ObamaYeehaw.jpg

Oops! Someone forgot to brief the President that black cowboy hats are associated with villians.

Good thing L.L. used the full name of the stew. It's not so popular if you abbreviate it. But perhaps I'm wrong. . . Who wants a bowl of B.O. stew? :D

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
OK, if the non-kitchen political comments continue, I'll have to ask Empath to close this thread and take it to the Underground, where I have no interest in participating.

Final warning, fair fauna of CandelPower Land.

Yucca Patrol, probably a good idea on searing cubes of steak, but I didn't really have the motivation or orientation to cut up a big chunk of meat into dainty little cubes. :sssh:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ingredients did not cost a penny and they did not add to the debt or the deficit; they were all paid for by cuts in inefficiency or waste in existing programs... so there will be PLENTY of ingredients to be shared among our community.

Oh yeah... this one is also pork free:p

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
if the non-kitchen political comments continue, I'll have to ask Empath to close this thread

Yeah. And no stew comments either. Its wrong - just plain wrong - to discuss anything in the thread title or first post.

Come on guys, no commenting on the thread topic!

the_soup_nazi028.jpg

"No stew for you!"

Last edited:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I'd change a thing... It sounds really good...

And get him out of that cowboy hat... Shallow see-through PR moves like that just put off more people than they take in... His head is shaped all wrong for that too... He needs a 10 gallon hat. (Guess why)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
OK, hopefully a MOD will see this message and close my thread. :shakehead

Pretty sad & cynical for Russ and others to assign duplicity where none exists. I didn't say not to comment. I said no political comments. Simple fact is that I was making it while our President was addressing Congress, and I wanted a memorable name for this delicious stew that was created that night.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sorry L.L., but when you name something after such a polarizing figure, you're bound to get some negative comments. :sigh:

Empath

Flashaholic
teddy-bear.jpg

I wonder if the naming of the Teddy Bear generated as much commentary. Somehow, I think not. Perhaps we've lost something since then. We even stumble over the name of 'french fries', and refer to them as 'freedom fries', simply because of political opinion. :shakehead

I'm not closing this due to the nature of comments about President Obama. Conflict wasn't that great. However, I understand that the stew was the topic of the thread. Stumbling over the name given it is disruptive to that topic.

A chef holds the right to call a stew whatever he/she chooses.

I'm closing the thread because the OP. unable to keep it on its intended topic, has requested closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.