Object/Subject Review: Crelant 7G9 (Over 67k lux!)

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Object/Subject Review: Crelant 7G9 (Over 67k lux!) (In Progress)

Subjective review finished, and spectral graph uploaded. This review is complete :thumbsup:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

"NiteWalker" video of the 7G9 added to beginning of the review! If you don't want to scroll all the way back up to see it, here it is:

Graham Sylvia

Newly Enlightened

Oh boy,, I am running out of excuse's for the missus. I think you have done another excellent review Bigmac 79. Another Crelant coming up for the collection. Just got to work out what to say to the missus...,

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh boy,, I am running out of excuse's for the missus. I think you have done another excellent review Bigmac 79. Another Crelant coming up for the collection. Just got to work out what to say to the missus...,

Thanks for the compliment! If you get in trouble, just tell her it's my fault. ;)

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

cruzer

Newly Enlightened
crelant claims 700m throw, but ur testing only got 521.

would it be safe to say they overrate the throw on most if not all of their lights then?

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
crelant claims 700m throw, but ur testing only got 521.

would it be safe to say they overrate the throw on most if not all of their lights then?

LOL

Its safe to say about every light out there does that...as they take optimum conditions and use ANSI tests to get their numbers....and we use work around rube goldberg tests to try to get a handle on the same thing. So, sure, our numbers will be different generally...especially if we don't know the true beam convergence distance that is used by the OEM to get THEIR numbers.

In short, the "real #" is the MAX number obtained at ONE distance that maximizes the Lux. So some lights will need to be measured at 10 meters, and some at 5, and so forth. The longer the light's ultimate throw distance, typically, the further you need to measure the lux at to accurately back-calculate to the lux at 1 meter #. (As ACTUALLY measuring at 1 M, ironically, give s the "wrong 1 M #", and so forth)

For lights with over 500 M ranges, 10 meters may be required for example to allow room for convergence. (Averaging the Lux at different ranges is not going to improve accuracy...it simply lowers the eventual lux at 1 M value)

:D