Obtaining a smooth flood pattern from an Maglite LED light with no concern for throw.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Derek Dean ~ Thank for detailed information. I haven't yet tried the thicker Zircon stuff. Nice to know it doesn't degrade like the regular Lee filter sheets.
The shipping fee from business you linked is very reasonable. Are large sheets sent in mailing tubes?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Derek Dean ~ Thank for detailed information. I haven't yet tried the thicker Zircon stuff. Nice to know it doesn't degrade like the regular Lee filter sheets.
The shipping fee from business you linked is very reasonable. Are large sheets sent in mailing tubes?
Yes, Adorama ships the large Zircon sheets in a sturdy mailing tube.

And, just to clarify, I can't guarantee that the Hampshire Rose will color correct ALL LED Maglites, but it sure worked for mine.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I have used fine sandpaper on the cheap plastic Mag lens with good results. Then you have an excuse to order a nice lens from flashlightlens.com. I think they may have a frosted lens too.

TD-Horne

Newly Enlightened
This stuff is quite excellent, as it not only smooths out the beam (and gets rid of the rings), but also color corrects the cyan tint which is inherent in the current LEDS used by Maglite, leaving you with a smooth, white beam:
Beam Correction for Maglite

For $11 you get a BIG sheet that you can cut to fit a whole fleet of lights. Depending on the amount of use the lights get, the color correction part will fade a bit over time, but at this price, it's easy to replace when needed.

If you'd like, PM me your address and I'll mail you a piece big enough for one light so you can check it out.
That is super generous of you.

Tom Horne

Poppy

Flashaholic
Here is an example of a zoomie flashlight.

I think that people like the wuben brand.
Certainly zoomies can be had for about $10.
If you go that route, be sure to get one that will support 18650 because AAA lights have terrible runtimes.
It seems that most of the reputable manufacturers have dropped their zoomies from their product line.