Olight Infinitum Round-up Review - I10, I15, I20, and I25 - Detailed Comparisons!

sugibdg

Newly Enlightened
Hi Selfbuilt,

Thanks for your good review.

I am newbie and just bought Olight I20, since head from T-series and I-series are interchangeable, how could I now that the light I bought is really used I-series not T-series?

I ask because when loosen the head slightly the light seem only have 2 level brightness, I gues it were max and medium level, never reach low mode.

Thanks.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I am newbie and just bought Olight I20, since head from T-series and I-series are interchangeable, how could I now that the light I bought is really used I-series not T-series?
I ask because when loosen the head slightly the light seem only have 2 level brightness, I gues it were max and medium level, never reach low mode.
Interesting point ... yes, the two heads are physically identical to look at, and there are no identifying labels (I just checked on mine, and even the circuit boards in the head look the same).

But you will be able to tell immediately from from what happens when you loosen the head. On the T20, nothing will happen. Only when you tighten the head again will the light advance to the next discrete output level.

On the I20, loosening the head will cause the ramp to begin (either up to max or down to minimum, depending on where you left it). Tightening the head will cause the ramp to stop and you will now be constant on at that level. If you are not getting the full ramp, I would recommend cleaning the contacts in the head and tailcap - there may be something interfering with the current path.

Oh, and :welcome:

sugibdg

Newly Enlightened
Hi Selfbuilt,

Thanks for your reply. According to your suggestion, it's proof that my light is Olight I20, but have a defect since it can't reach low mode. I have returned it to dealer for replacement.

Looking forward for another great review from you!:wave:

slax

Newly Enlightened
Mr. Selfbuilt: i want to ask about the focus of i10 compare to T10. which one is better ?

i have plan to buy i10 consider to it price is affordable and have a good performance according to your review.

anyway good review. it's helpful for newbie like me.
thanks

slax

Newly Enlightened
and sorry i forgot to ask which one which one would throw farther? between i10 and T10 ?
thanks for the answer.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
and sorry i forgot to ask which one which one would throw farther? between i10 and T10 ?
They are pretty similar. The reflector is the same, so the only difference in the beam is due to the slightly greater output of the R2 emitter in the I10. The I10 circuit also seems to squeeze a little more power out primary CR123A compared to the T10. So on the whole, there is a very minor minor throw improvement on the I10 compared to the T10 - but I doubt you would really notice the difference in real life. Go with whichever interface you like best.

slax

Newly Enlightened
Dear Mr. Selfbuilt.
thank you
your answer was enlightened me.
another question.
is the T15 tube interchangeable with i10 ? so i can use AA battery next time.

Thanks

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
";) Olights have always had a solid feel to me, and these lights are no different. A nice touch that they have kept the sizing and screw threads the same as the older T-series - so you can still perform mix-and-match "lego" on the various tailcap/battery tube components across the two series (where appropriate)."

SB already pointed it out.....thats a quote from the man himself in the Preliminary section of the review.:grin2:

slax

Newly Enlightened
finally i bought i10 :D
i made the decision after read this forum.
thanks to Mr. Selfbuilt and CPF.

timbo114

Enlightened
I received an I15 on the 25th.
(I paid $17.95 @ Amazon)

V-E-R-Y nice, my 1st Olight - probably not my last :devil:

Smooth as silk right outta the box, even better with NO OX ID Special A.

Holy Cow! on a 14500!

Latest posts