Olight M20 Warrior Premium R2 Review

sardian

Newly Enlightened
I like the M20 a lot myself. It's a fun light to play with and offering two different reflectors is a big plus (although I like the OP over the SMO). I do notice my M20 is brighter with 2 RCR's than with an 18650, but I tend to use the 18650 for longer run time.

Here are a few beam shots I took last night messing around while it was raining. Nothing scientific, just taken for fun.

First is the M20, 2nd is the TK11, and then in the final shot the TK11 is on left/M20 on right. All of the streaks are the rain. I would guess the trees are about 30 to 40 yards away.

M20Premium.jpg

TK11R2.jpg

RLF_4528.jpg

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine about a month ago and absolutely love it! :twothumbs

I have both reflectors but use the SMO because of the extra throw and tight hot spot. I play around with it all the time, but I really can't wait to get up to the mountains with it. It's pretty close to the same size as the SF 6P, but the bezel and cigar ring make it a little bit broader. No question it is the best flashlight I have ever had, including my SF. Then again, I've never paid that much for one. Actually, I guess I should clarify. Everyone knows SF makes a top notch product, but even with my R2 5 mode drop in, I still like my Olight M20 better.:D

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hope you enjoy yours as much as i like mine.

:thumbsup:

Please let us know what you think of it.

Oh, and Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

You're starting off with a Great flashlight !

:)
_

jimmiceman

Newly Enlightened
COuld someone post pics of the M20 Warrior and the M20 Warrior R2 beams side by side for comparisions? Thanks!

shankster

Newly Enlightened
Newb here.....been lurking for a couple of weeks now.Great site and people with knowledge about lights. I want one of these lights. I have some questions as I don't know alot about the choices of battery's. Would you guys recommend the 18650 or the CR123 battery's for this light ?
Thank you for your replies and suggestions !

1996alnl

Enlightened
Newb here.....been lurking for a couple of weeks now.Great site and people with knowledge about lights. I want one of these lights. I have some questions as I don't know alot about the choices of battery's. Would you guys recommend the 18650 or the CR123 battery's for this light ?
Thank you for your replies and suggestions !

I've used a 18650 cell in mine it lasts a lonng time..almost three hours but it isn't regulated.
I've tried AW RCR123's in it and it's insanely bright for one hour and ten min. and it's regulated.
The choice is yours ,there's no right or wrong.

1996alnl

Enlightened
Thank you 1996 ! I appreciate your help.

Your welcome.

What i find impressive about this light,besides it's throw capability is how efficient it is.
Almost all my RCR123 lights run for about 30-45 min.
This one surpasses 1hr and it's brighter.

De-Lux

Enlightened
I've tried AW RCR123's in it and it's insanely bright for one hour and ten min.

How do your AW RCR123a's fit in the magazine. My AW's fit very tight and they are a bit too long to where the cap doesn't screw down all the way. Furthermore the light has a tendency to flicker ON and OFF (as though there is a bad connection) when using AW protected cells with and without the use of the magazine. I do not experience this with primary CR123's. Have you experienced this with your M-20. Thanks in advanced.

gunga

Flashaholic
Does anyone know of a way to remove the low battery detect feature? Will Olight exchange the light engine or anything like that?

The M20 is a very nice light!

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hello, Gunga --

:wave:

Yes, indeed, Olight (or their dealers) will gladly

replace any M20 flashlight which (still) has the infamous

"Low-Battery-Blink" feature. :hairpull:

This "feature" was only in the First Production Run of M20's.

When folks (like me) complained that even "almost new" batteries

are quickly going into "Low-Battery-Blink" warning mode,

Olight promptly updated the programming, to correct this problem.

( Big *Thank You* to Olight, for doing this ! ) :goodjob::thanks:

Apparently, Gunga, you must have one of the Original Models.

BTW, i really Love my New, Improved version.

:kiss:

Hope this helps.

_

gunga

Flashaholic
Thanks Burgess.

Yes, this one is one of the earlier ones.

I do like it a lot. Fenix store is unable to do much without a pruchase order (understandable) even tho I know it was purchased there (got it in a trade).

Olight website is down! I tried emailing them a few times last week, but they seem to have exceeded quota and I can't reach them!

:(

EDIT: scratch that, website just came back up with new email address...

Last edited:

ARA

Enlightened
Just recently bit the flashlight bug, credits to CPF for increasing my knowledge and interest. I recently got the M20 warrior premium and am really impressed with its output, build quality and size (its smaller than my AA Led Minimag). A little pricey compared to similar featured light but its got a great combination of features.

K_2828

Newly Enlightened
hey Burgess!
is that means the Olight M20 R2 warrior now has no "low-battery-blink" problem? does it mean they completely remove the "low-battery-blink"? because i planning to get one!

Xak

Enlightened
How do your AW RCR123a's fit in the magazine. My AW's fit very tight and they are a bit too long to where the cap doesn't screw down all the way. Furthermore the light has a tendency to flicker ON and OFF (as though there is a bad connection) when using AW protected cells with and without the use of the magazine. I do not experience this with primary CR123's. Have you experienced this with your M-20. Thanks in advanced.

I don't think you should use the battery magazine with rechargeable cells, they don't fit right, which is why you are probably getting flicker. 2 RCR's fit just fine w/o the magazine and don't really rattle unless you shake the light like you are trying to choke someone to death, and even then it is a muffled sound. What the magazines are great for is having CR123 primaries loaded in them as back-up for when your rechargeable cells die. They are easy to load, even in the dark, due to the tab on the positive end.
I mounted a, M20 on my rifle with pressure switch and everything. They really thought of everything when they designed this as a tactical light. I loved the light so much I left it on my rifle and bought another one to carry. Got the WD tint for both, because I love the cool tint's better for my applications (mostly urban). I would choose the WH tint for the woods, though.

ARA

Enlightened
The new ones do not have the blinking low battery indicator. They have also removed the mention of this feature from the user manual.

They also include an extra ring to cover the cigar ring threads incase you choose not to use it.

Just check the box before purchasing, if possible