Olight M20X: What are your thoughts CPFer's??

spc smith

Enlightened
AZpops, Ive heard alot of people with the green tint thing on the M21X. On low, my M20X is slight tint of light purple, but evens out as ramps into medium and high. I dont know why people are getting that green tint with the M21X...

kwk1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info spc smith.
I'm seriously considering an SR-91 which I think is more of a thrower as opposed to the SR-92.
Based on that, I think I should get the M20S-X for the wider hotspot and spill.
Would you agree?

Oh, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

spc smith

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF kwk1=) ! First off, what are you using the light for? And yes.. if your comparing flood and diameter of the XML's hotspot to the XPG-R5 S2,3 that comes with the newer M20S.. youd be on the money. BUT.. i just checked out goinggear. apparently the newest Klarus XT11 at 600 lumens is coming out.. just giving you a heads up! To stay on topic though, Id recommend either the M20S S3 (newer led engine in the S series olights) and you will get longer runtimes*... But im used to surefire runtimes, so i dont much mind the lesser runtime on the M20X , to have that X factor for my needs (no punn intended):thumbsup:

spc smith

Enlightened
I would definately agree. If you want longer runtimes get the M20S S3 with a little extra throw. But get the X.. for everything else between that tiny dot down range*

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
AZpops, Ive heard alot of people with the green tint thing on the M21X. On low, my M20X is slight tint of light purple, but evens out as ramps into medium and high. I dont know why people are getting that green tint with the M21X...

I run my primary light on high, so if the M21X that was sent to me was like yours I would still own it. IMO you got lucky on the lottery!

kwk1

Newly Enlightened
I ordered an M20x last night.
I also ordered an SR-91 plus spare battery, can't wait to try this beast!

Soda

Newly Enlightened
I have to say i'm a bit dissapointed with my light. Messy beam profile, slight donut, purple corona, rattling reflector (fixed with aluminum foil) and easily chipped anodizing.

spc smith

Enlightened
Ive have Jetbeam, Sunwayman, maglite and i love the overall fit and finish of olight! where did you order your light soda? i got mine from battery junction. You got the purple tint as do i. have you taken apart the head assembly and tightened the reflector? make sure everything is tightened down. at the head, you can unscrew three seperate pieces.. you only need to unthread the second portion down from the the crenulated bezel.

Once you take that part off you should be able to access the reflector.. tighten it with the tips of your finger tips and you will see that it is slightly threaded soda. If that doesnt work, something is wrong with your Olight. contact the people you got it from as your olight should not have problems like that. Im sorry to hear it was not how you were expecting it to be. I have no donut or loose parts with mine.

Soda

Newly Enlightened
Actually, the beam profile isn't that bad, i was just being picky (my M1Xm has an immaculate beam), and the tint doesnt bother me except when i'm white wall hunting. The only problem i have with it now is the rattling reflector.. (EDIT:) Rattling problem solved! There is a detent on the reflector that made me think i screwed it in all the way. Thanks SPC Smith!

Last edited:

RCLumens

Enlightened
Just got mine tonight - I must say I am impressed! The XML really gives it a nice beam and it throws better than my zebralight sc600 - Mission accomplished! Without sacrificing too much spill... I also have a GREAT interface and a great EDC light with great run time without stepdown...! 500 lumens straight! I'll try to post some pics this coming weekend - weather permitting if there is any interest. I have the SC 600 and an RRT 3 triple xML that I can compare along Maglight... Cheers to all - this is a GREAT and very standard and dependable light!

RCLumens

Enlightened
Speaking for myself - Yes. The Olight website calls it the M20S-X on the light itself it's called M20-X Warrior. The one with the XML LED. Great light!!

kwk1

Newly Enlightened
Really liking the light a lot. I only wish the output switch was near the head like the Fenix TK-21.
That's being real picky though and a personal preference thing.
Not sure why I got an SR-91 along with it, cause it's plenty good for everything.

RCLumens

Enlightened
The SR91 must be one heck of a great compliment to it though! kwk1, You mentioned you wish it had a TK21 type switch towards the front - do you have a TK21 to compare the beams to? Just curious to see your thoughts on it if you did. Cheers RC

kwk1

Newly Enlightened
The SR91 must be one heck of a great compliment to it though! kwk1, You mentioned you wish it had a TK21 type switch towards the front - do you have a TK21 to compare the beams to? Just curious to see your thoughts on it if you did. Cheers RC

Hey RC,
I actually got the TK-21 for a gift for my BIL, so I will probably have a chance to compare them on Friday.
The SR-91 is crazy bright, more of a thrower than flood. I haven't tested it outside yet, but I don't think I'll be dissappointed.

spc smith

Enlightened
Kwk1 & RClumens.. glad you saw the other side ofthe bottomless pit of "opinions" on this new X series olight. and does your light step down after 5 min on high? mine doesnt, precisely 1 reason i got it after much research and heresay. Cheeres to all who got it after much speculation