Olight M20X: What are your thoughts CPFer's??

spc smith

Enlightened
Kwk1 & RClumens.. glad you saw the other side ofthe bottomless pit of "opinions" on this new X series olight. and does your light step down after 5 min on high? mine doesnt, precisely 1 reason i got it after much research and heresay. Cheeres to all who got it after much speculation

kwk1

Newly Enlightened
The SR91 must be one heck of a great compliment to it though! kwk1, You mentioned you wish it had a TK21 type switch towards the front - do you have a TK21 to compare the beams to? Just curious to see your thoughts on it if you did. Cheers RC

Hey RC, Still haven't had a chance to compare the two lights, but when I do, I'll post my thoughts.

kwk1

Newly Enlightened
Kwk1 & RClumens.. glad you saw the other side ofthe bottomless pit of "opinions" on this new X series olight. and does your light step down after 5 min on high? mine doesnt, precisely 1 reason i got it after much research and heresay. Cheeres to all who got it after much speculation

SPC, I don't know if mine steps down, but either way, I'm loving this light!:)

spc smith

Enlightened
it doesnt step down. ive tested it several times from primaries, to 18650's rechargeables. somebody feel free to post over exposed beamshots please!!

david57strat

Enlightened
I've had my M20-X for a couple of months, and I have no regrets about the purchase, whatsoever. It's a solid, beautiful, obviously very-well-made light with an intuitive and dependable user interface. It came with a very nicely constructed holster, which has two extra "pockets" for spare battery magazines, or even 18650 batteries, themselves (I've got a 18650 in one, and a little Fenix E15, in the other!).

It'd make a great gift for the flashlight enthusiast in your life - and I seem to remember reading (in many threads) that this was considered THE standard in a weapon-mountable light. Can't say I'm too surprised to read that. This thing is SOLID.

The only thing I would change about it would be with the side button (Used for changing modes, or accessing the strobe feature). I might design a button that protrudes a little more out of the light, so it can be more easily reached/found, without having to look at the light (The current one is almost flush with the exterior of the light, itself). It's not really a huge issue for me, but could be a slight inconvenience, for LEO use, if they were using it in more harsh environments (rain/snow) and needing to access the strobe feature in a hurry, especially if they were wearing gloves. Again, this is not really an issue with me; but the product line was designed primarily for military and LEO use, so there's my $.02 worth.

After a while, I found the orientation between the button, and the adjacent belt clip, helped me find the mode button just fine (without having to glance at the light), to activate it with my thumb. If holding it utilizing the cigar grip, the index finger works pretty well.

But really, that's the only change I could think of that might be nice to see, in future design upgrades to this particular model.

This is my first Olight purchase - the first of many to come, no doubt. I'm hooked ! :)