Olight m22 any good?

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking about ordering one, anybody have any experience with it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

GodIsLight

Newly Enlightened
If you're not yet completely decided, and open to suggestions, I would highly recommend you check out the newly released Nitecore P12! Wall of light thrown 200 yrds with tons of options.

Heres a short clip showing its illumination power for such a compact torch http://youtu.be/XjyZR7ptpPk

Good luck

Last edited:

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's insanely bright and has good throw, too. It is too large to be an EDC light, but it is smaller than the FourSevens Maelstrom. It lacks a strobe mode, and I like it this way. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
I'm just looking for my next purchase basically ha. I don't need it to be an edc, but I like a light to be under six inches. Just wondering if it's a good light, which is a pretty broad question I guess ha. Curious if it's a all around good light, something with decent throw, and good spill, something that can light up my backyard, and 60 yards into the woods. I want a tactical style light, and I want my next light to have a large head. I was also considering eagletacs g25c2

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
It lacks a strobe mode

It does not lack a strobe mode. Maybe you have the old version, which did.

Jake, I think the M22 is a great purchase. I don't have one yet but it is on the way. Momentary, high and strobe from off with just the tail switch, and it comes with a diffuser for more of a floody beam.

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
That's awesome, I like that it comes with a diffuser cap. Also do you know what the step down is?

Capolini

Banned
I have one and it is a very nice torch. It is a very "light" light!! Should I say a very light torch! It does have strobe-low-med. and high. I like that fact that after a 5 to 6 minute gradual step down it will stay at 640 lumens,,,But if you want you can step back up anytime[light does NOT get hot] and the lumen output will be somewhere between "Max" and where it was right before step down. SEE SELFBUILTS REVIEW.

I use it as a backup light most times because I use my search lights[TK75,M3X, BST and OSTS TN31mb] to walk the Siberian in the Semi wilderness!!!

TSD

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, definitely check out selfbuilt's review! You will find the answer to most of your questions there, as well as a comparison to other lights. The M22 is probably is one of the leaders in its size category in terms of output and throw. Other notable contenders are the Eagletac G25C2, Nitecore SRT7, Foursevens MMX Burst, and Armytek Predator Pro 2.5 (further throw, less spill). The G25C2 is the most similar to the Olight. Again, I'd check out selfbuilt's reviews for a comparison. All of those lights will do WAY more than 60 yards for you, and very likely a good bit more than double that depending on how much light you like on your target.

If 60 yards is all you need, you might want to pick a light with less throw and more flood so it spreads the light out more evenly over that distance. The Nitecore P12 already suggested would be a better light at 60 yards, so would a PD35 or Zebralight SC600 MKII L2. If your emphasis is throw, and you want to see over 100yrds, the M22 is a great pick for the money, probably one of the best.

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
I like that the m22 has a diffuser cap with it, prefect if I need all flood. Also I have the led lenser f1 which is a lot of flood, also I have the sc600 mk2 l2, which is a great floody light. For distance I have nitecores ea4. Also Eagletacs tx25c2, which offers a pretty good balance. So I have light for both flood and throw, now I'm just trying to expand my collection, with high quality lights.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does not lack a strobe mode. Maybe you have the old version, which did.

I just discovered it!

But it's hidden enough that I don't care. I don't have to cycle through it to change levels.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
How does the armytek viking x stack up? I was looking into this light as well, any opinions on this one?

markr6

Flashaholic
I really liked this light. I sold it, but would have kept it if it was a neutral white tint. I liked how you could access both low and high without messing with head twisting. The quality stood out more than anything to me - the best I've seen in any light so far.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the armytek viking x stack up? I was looking into this light as well, any opinions on this one?

the M22 is the smallest prob lightest tactical ( rear switch ) most powerful. which is why it sits on my mountain bike. the diffuser is awsome, i have it attached with a lanyard to the light so i can take it off and i wont loose it.
its simple to use and reliable.
I dont have and currently dont want a G25C2 because it sits with a loose head on most of the levels.
i looked at a viking and will get my first armytek light soon, get the pro and fully program it how you like. for me personally i picked up the M22 first because of the much wider spill beam. the armyteks beam is quite narrow.

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened

You need to go do some reading in the review section. You're all over 3 different lights now and they're pretty much all within 6" lengths with similar outputs. Either that or buy them all and sell whatever one you don't want anymore.

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
You need to go do some reading in the review section. You're all over 3 different lights now and they're pretty much all within 6" lengths with similar outputs. Either that or buy them all and sell whatever one you don't want anymore.

I research all lights that I am contemplating buying. I just like to hear peoples opinions, and personal experiences. That's why I ask

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
I really liked this light. I sold it, but would have kept it if it was a neutral white tint. I liked how you could access both low and high without messing with head twisting. The quality stood out more than anything to me - the best I've seen in any light so far.

Are you referring to the m22?

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
I don't have any experience with the m22. However, I have a couple Olight products and I've been very happy with them. In terms of overall build quality, fit/finish, and durability...they have exceeded my expectations.

If you decide to go with Olight I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

TSD

Newly Enlightened
My experience with the M22 is limited, but I played with one at a gun show for a few minutes. I would echo that the build quality impressed me and seemed quite high. I handled a few other M series Olights, a few TK series Fenix lights, some Nitecores, and Lumintops (all competing models in that size class), and the Olight M22 impressed me the most in terms of build quality.