Olight M22 (XM-L2, 1x18650, 2xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO + more!

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
First time when I go in the dark with Olight M22 dd and Nitecore MT40, side by side to make some pictures as I promise :)

Now when I put them side by side, my first impression was Oh my God !!
The tree was at aprx 100 meters (100-110 yards) maybe even more. Camera was set at iso1600, 1/5 sec, 55mm.
The pictures are what my eyes have seen.

More concentrate beam, much nicer color (cool white vs some neutral/warm light), I clearly see now that details are more clear in the night with neutral/warm light, specially on the green.
At close range is hard to make the difference in throw, but now is clear :)

Around 45000 cd for sure ! Nice nice nice !

Just have in mind that is getting hot in shorter time (not much shorter, but is some difference) .

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/rachiebuna/library/M22 vs MT40?sort=3&page=1

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I scratched it.
Felt good, thought I could do better, scratched further and snagged my bond wires.
Thrilled I know I can do this but saddened I dug a little more then needed.

Practised on a couple older Maglite LEDs, one win, one loss.
Tried my M21X and I'll be darned if I didn't do it twice lol.
Loved the output of both, just couldn't look away from little bit of dome left behind and went back in.

So when I can afford it, I need two 16mm stars from Mtn I guess.
Maybe a copper heat sink too in each.. May play/mod them seeing as how I have to fix them now from my goofs.
I don't mind learning and taking a couple losses but was recently hit with a vet bill and drained me. So I'm stuck with my light's being dark emitters for a bit, and that sucks.☺
But wow, glad I tried even if I goofed, loved the results!!
Thank you for the idea and thought to try it on my own.
👍

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one, never tested runtime but low is bright enough to walkaround outside and not go into stuff. Easily navigate around. Def more than 20. Med mode is brighter than they claimed too - annoyingly!

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
Interesting - thanks both of you. I really like the UI but the levels should be more like 20-140-1000 IMO, with well-regulated runtimes.

Latest posts