OLIGHT M2X-UT Javelot(dedomed XM-L2 1020Lm,164kcd)(1x18650/2xCR123A) REVIEW

DrWu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the awesome review! Based on this, I ordered one and received it yesterday. All I can say is WOW, this light is awesome. This is my first "real" high powered light.

I'm part of a neighborhood watch group and up until now, I've been using an LED Lenser T7 when I go out on patrol, which I thought was awesome, but oh my gosh, I used the Javelot last night and I was just floored. It's amazing. Thanks again for steering me in the right direction!

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thanks for the awesome review! Based on this, I ordered one and received it yesterday. All I can say is WOW, this light is awesome. This is my first "real" high powered light.

I'm part of a neighborhood watch group and up until now, I've been using an LED Lenser T7 when I go out on patrol, which I thought was awesome, but oh my gosh, I used the Javelot last night and I was just floored. It's amazing. Thanks again for steering me in the right direction!
Great!Thanks for the comment DrWu!
Glad to help.
The best patrol out there. You can do your work easier now,enjoying the light at the same time. :twothumbs

johnnyb01

Newly Enlightened
As others have said, thanks for the AMAZING review! The pics were sweet - even my friend who isn't into flashlights like me was impressed (he's a photography guy).

Do you know if the runtime will not only be longer, but also the output higher for longer, if an extra cell is used?
haven't seen a reply to this, but my understanding of LED "smart" lights like these is that the electronics in the light control the output, which is why they "step down" in brightness instead of just gradually getting dimmer like the older incandescent lights did. The light is set up to provide max brightness (limited by the "bulb" and light programming or electronics) at a certian range of voltage, which the standard configuration is capable of providing.

Therefore the second cell would give you extended run time, but not higher or brighter output. I use the example of adding a second gas tank to your car, it won't make it go faster, but it will go farther before having to stop and fill back up.

***EDIT*** and what do i see a few posts above me? the op actually addressed this and has actually tested it, skimmed right by it before typing all that up, lol.

Last edited:

magnum70383

Enlightened
As I said, this is my first thrower. I needed one for my night hikes to spot Coyotes and other animals from far away. First impression, don't like how I need to rotate the head to get to different light levels. I rather have a separate button. Other than that, the build is good, throws very far, I love it. I just saw in another thread that the m3xs UT is at the shot show.... Not sure if it's to replace this light....

What are your impressions or thoughts regarding this flashlight?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Olight M3X-UT isn't a replacement for the M2X-UT, it's to supplement the catalog of lights. Some people like small lights others like large lights.

The M3X-UT is designed with the side switch and from the limited in information out on the M3X-UT is designed for two 18650 cells not a single 18650 cell.

I also don't like twisting the head to change the modes. Good thing I usually use mine at full power.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashLion that was the best M2X review I have yet seen on the entire forum! Your photographs are second to none! My M2X is on order and should arrive to me by tomorrow I cannot wait! Got the optional tube extender and two Orbtronic 3400mah batteries for it ready to go!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashLion that was the best M2X review I have yet seen on the entire forum! Your photographs are second to none! My M2X is on order and should arrive to me by tomorrow I cannot wait! Got the optional tube extender and two Orbtronic 3400mah batteries for it ready to go!

heck yeah! FlashLion is the best!

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thanks CelticCross74. I am glad to know that my review is helpful. Enjoy your new M2X and please share your impressions,if you have some free time.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Javelot today and my GOD this thing is a LASER! It is much more compact than I thought it would be. Tested it out at a large local park and the Javelot easily lights up a treeline 600 yards away! I never thought such a compact light would dominate my SR52 and MX25L2 so completely! Easily one of the best LED light purchases I have ever made. Getting very impressive run times with the extension tube and 2x3400mah set up!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
..to add the hot spot out of this thing is so concentrated Im able to to use the Javelot in daylight! This is the baddest stock light I have ever used. Only my heavily customized D cell Mags match or slightly outperform the Javelot.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Got my Javelot today and my GOD this thing is a LASER! It is much more compact than I thought it would be. Tested it out at a large local park and the Javelot easily lights up a treeline 600 yards away! I never thought such a compact light would dominate my SR52 and MX25L2 so completely! Easily one of the best LED light purchases I have ever made. Getting very impressive run times with the extension tube and 2x3400mah set up!

Great!:twothumbs

John7Boy

Newly Enlightened
I have the E serial number MX2-UT and the later F serial number MX2-UT which has a much smaller metal surround and some kind of clear coating over metal and LED itself. I have not been able to get strobe working on either with 3x full presses or half presses of tail switch. Anyone able to assist?

Olight SR95-UT SBT-70, Fenix TK-70, Thrunite TN32, Olight M2X-UT (both F&E versions), Nitecore EA8, Ultrafire C8, Thrunite Neutron 2a v2, Nitecore HC90, Olight S15, XTAR VP2 x2, Maha MH-C808M

FlashLion

Enlightened
It should work with two half and one full press-to lock it. My M2X even doesn't require to do it very quickly.

John7Boy

Newly Enlightened
It should work with two half and one full press-to lock it. My M2X even doesn't require to do it very quickly.
Thanks after a few goes I finally got the E & F series to Strobe. The Full press seems to need to be quickly on top of 2nd half press. I had been trying three of every combination, not two and one half.
Fantastic- Hate missing out on features of a Flashlight.

Regards John

Olight SR95-UT SBT-70, Fenix TK-70, Thrunite TN32, Olight M2X-UT (both F&E versions), Nitecore EA8, Ultrafire C8, Thrunite Neutron 2a v2, Nitecore HC90, Olight S15, XTAR VP2 x2, Maha MH-C808M

kandiklover

Banned
Other than the compactness I'm also really loving the price this thing is going for on amazon. Might just have to get myself one for patrol as well.

markr6

Flashaholic
Other than the compactness I'm also really loving the price this thing is going for on amazon. Might just have to get myself one for patrol as well.

Pretty good! I have my eye on one since the newer M3X-UT is just too darn long (2x18650). And I would only use 18650s so the M2X looks like a winner.

Latest posts