Olight M2X-UT Javelot review (1020lm,XM-L2 Dedomed,18650/2xCR123A 810m throw!!!)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's this post that made me pull the trigger right away. It actually raised the bar quite high for companies who make thrower lights.

Kudos to Olight!

I will not hesitate to buy another one of these, especially if a cool white version comes out. :)

magnum70383

Enlightened
Did a couple of night hikes with this light. It can THROW alright. Really throw for a stock light. The only thing is the green tint I don't like. Compared to my other lights with a cool white or white light, the tint for this one really comes out really nasty. I know it's the dedomed... Other than that it's an amazing light.

TxHydro

Newly Enlightened
I can't thank you enough for this review. I am new to this league of lights and have spent weeks agonizing over just what my first thrower should be. Upon reading your review I'm relieved to have finally made my decision. For real this time. Haha. I have a tendency of obsessing over decisions like this. This site has been a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for your review and to all who post here. No doubt I will frequent the site often.

RemcoM

Enlightened
But that measure of only 110 kcd, instead of the promised 163 kcd.

What is this?

Why such a low kcd? Why not 160 kcd?

Or wrong light, or wrong lightmeter?

Taz80

Enlightened
Hi RemcoM, I think the 160kcd is pretty much accurate. I have the M3X, which is about 90kcd, and have compared it to the M2X. The M2X has a much tighter and brighter hot spot, and to my eye throws quite a bit further.

Brand___X

Newly Enlightened
like the poster says above, the "brightness" shouldn't change due to the electronics in the light (same reason they dont change when going from 4.2 to whatever the cutoff voltage is for the light) what you are increasing is the mAH which affects runtime, just like going from a 2300mAH 18650 to a 3400mAH 18650, the brightness won't change but you will get close to another 1/3 run time.

Think of it like a gas tank on a car, if you change from your 10 gallon gas tank to a 15 gal tank, it won't give you any more horsepower, but it will let you go further before having to fill up again!

Excellent analogy !