Olight S1 Mini Baton CW+HCRI review with measurements (XM-L2/XP-G3, 16340)

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
No, there is no way to close the flashlight If there is a micro usb cable plugged into the battery.

Capolini

Banned
After thinking about it more I most certain I know hat he means.

Some of the other models used Magnetic charging. The CELL had to stay in the light when charging[you therefore can not use the light]. This S1 mini you take the battery out and charge it with a USB cable. Therefore all you need to do is put another battery in and you are able to use the light while the usb battery is charging!;)

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the thorough review.

I would be buying the high CRI version, if the beam tint was more even, like the cool white beam is.

I like the small size and the two-way clip - since I like to have a light on me that can be clipped on my hat brim for hands-free use. I currently use the Factor Equipment Mizpah 130 for this purpose, but it's not high CRI or as high of an output.

The form factor may end up motivating me to buy the cool white version, even though it's low CRI and cool white.

scout24

Flashaholic
Quick question, and if I missed the answer I apologize... Do the new Mini's have a lens over the TIR optic, or is the acrylic exposed like the older model?

PS- And, moving this to the reviews section... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

Got my cool little OLIGHT S1 Mini yesterday!
:thumbsup:

THANKS OLIGHT!! FAST DELIVERY AND A BEAUTIFUL POWERFUL LITTLE TORCH!!!

OLIGHT_S1_MINI.jpg

My GAW gift along with his Brothers,,,ALL little guys!
S10/i3S-CU-S1 Mini-USB Battery

LITTLE_OLIGHTS.jpg

sbslider

Enlightened
After thinking about it more I most certain I know hat he means.

Some of the other models used Magnetic charging. The CELL had to stay in the light when charging[you therefore can not use the light]. This S1 mini you take the battery out and charge it with a USB cable. Therefore all you need to do is put another battery in and you are able to use the light while the usb battery is charging!;)

Actually, you can use the Olight S1R (as well as other tailcap charged Olight lights) while charging. The light does not care if the battery is being charged or not.

Great review here, too bad olight does not make this light with Nichia emmiter AND copper. I know they make a copper mini (eyeing this . . . ) but if it had a nichia emitter then it would make a great light even better.

Soverign

Newly Enlightened
Can the magnetic tail cap and matching battery be used from another Olight and put on this one?