Olight S10 Baton (XM-L, 1xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

dts71

Newly Enlightened
Yezl 3.7v 16340 - 1hr 11 minutes before light started to flicker - cell voltage at end was 2.8v

Impressive! I just ordered a S10 - do you have any source for Yezl 16340 you can recommend?

MattSPL

Enlightened
Impressive! I just ordered a S10 - do you have any source for Yezl 16340 you can recommend?

I live in Ireland, so ordered them off a UK ebay vendor. They ship worldwide though. I can pm you details if you like.

Cheers
Matt

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in Ireland, so ordered them off a UK ebay vendor. They ship worldwide though. I can pm you details if you like.

Cheers
Matt

What it the voltage of those Yezi batts? The reason I ask is I just was looking at a rechargeable 800mh 3.2 volt 16340 batt (not 3.7) Wondering if it might be something like that...

MattSPL

Enlightened
Selfbuilts high run time test on an AW showed 55 minutes. 71 minutes is very good...speaks well for the Yezl brand...

Yeah, the eBay seller does a test on all the batteries he sell, similar to HKJ. The Yezl came out on top with 706mAh capacity @ 1A discharge.

Last edited:

MattSPL

Enlightened
I got the soldering iron onto the tailcap of my S10 today. I couldn't completely neutralize the magnet, but i'd say its strength is only about 10% of what it was before, so its not very strong, and only effective when placed very close to a metal object.

jamjam

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the eBay seller does a test on all the batteries he sell, similar to HKJ. The Yezl came out on top with 706mAh capacity @ 1A discharge.

Good to hear that Yezl 16340 is doing good. I am currently working in China and Yezl's brand is "not" really a very respectable brand here, since they always over-hype their product specifications. Wonder what is inside the Yezl 16340? A rebrand of a famous battery manufacturer?

jamjam

Newly Enlightened
I got the soldering iron onto the tailcap of my S10 today. I couldn't completely neutralize the magnet, but i'd say its strength is only about 10% of what it was before, so its not very strong, and only effective when placed very close to a metal object.

I think 10% is quite safe to be near any magnetic card or key.

MattSPL

Enlightened
Good to hear that Yezl 16340 is doing good. I am currently working in China and Yezl's brand is "not" really a very respectable brand here, since they always over-hype their product specifications. Wonder what is inside the Yezl 16340? A rebrand of a famous battery manufacturer?

The Yezl 16340 seems to be the highest capacity cell currently available. Although the cell states 880mAh, I have seen a test result of 706mAh @ 1A discharge which is higher than any other 16340, and my results with the S10 are very good.
They also work very well at higher discharge currents in my Trustfire mini-01, pulling upto 2.4A from the Yezl.

It would be interesting to know what cell is under the wrapper.
Any way of finding out other than taking one appart?

MattSPL

Enlightened
I think 10% is quite safe to be near any magnetic card or key.

Ok, should be good then. You need to place the tail right next to something now, whereas before, the magnet was so strong it would pull things towards it.

jamjam

Newly Enlightened
The Yezl 16340 seems to be the highest capacity cell currently available. Although the cell states 880mAh, I have seen a test result of 706mAh @ 1A discharge which is higher than any other 16340, and my results with the S10 are very good.
They also work very well at higher discharge currents in my Trustfire mini-01, pulling upto 2.4A from the Yezl.

It would be interesting to know what cell is under the wrapper.
Any way of finding out other than taking one appart?

The only way to know that without taking apart the battery is compare it to other well-known good battery like AW etc, and see which one has the closest discharge curve and characteristic. Capacity is not the only consideration when choosing a battery, longevity and safety are also equally important.

MattSPL

Enlightened
The only way to know that without taking apart the battery is compare it to other well-known good battery like AW etc, and see which one has the closest discharge curve and characteristic. Capacity is not the only consideration when choosing a battery, longevity and safety are also equally important.

Hopefully HKJ will get hold of some Yezl 16340's to test because i can only do basic comparisons at home in a couple of different lights, but from what i can tell, the Yezl is a very high quality cell.

awsom50

Newly Enlightened
With what type of battery the Olight s10 will be the most powerful?
Another question - do the LiFePo4 batteries give more juice than ordinary 3.0v RCR?

MattSPL

Enlightened
With what type of battery the Olight s10 will be the most powerful?
Another question - do the LiFePo4 batteries give more juice than ordinary 3.0v RCR?

From Selfbuilts results, a 3.7v rcr will give the most output.
3v rcr123's aren't very popular. I have some cheap GTL 3v's, and they gave roughly the same runtime as a 3.2v LifeP04.
If you want to go the rechargeable route, then some good quality 3.7v rcr123's are best for the S10.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review as usual, selfbuilt! I didn't even know this light existed until I got an email from Battery Junction today. Just when I *thought* I had the perfect light in my V11R, now *THIS* light seems perfect to me. Off to BJ to order one at 10% off. This disease will never go away!! :D

NewlandPhotography

Newly Enlightened
Great review as usual, selfbuilt! I didn't even know this light existed until I got an email from Battery Junction today. Just when I *thought* I had the perfect light in my V11R, now *THIS* light seems perfect to me. Off to BJ to order one at 10% off. This disease will never go away!! :D

i did the same thing, i got an email from them, searched it on here for reviews, the bought it with the coupon code! i order everything from them!

eh123456

Newly Enlightened
3.7V RCR123's give the most output, but also the most heat :(

From Selfbuilts results, a 3.7v rcr will give the most output.
3v rcr123's aren't very popular. I have some cheap GTL 3v's, and they gave roughly the same runtime as a 3.2v LifeP04.
If you want to go the rechargeable route, then some good quality 3.7v rcr123's are best for the S10.