Olight S10-L2 (S10 2013, XM-L2, 1xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO+

stew77

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I just have a simple question about the S10 which one or two of you may be able to help with - the only retailer in my area selling this light is still stocking the older 320Lm version. I realise that the new L2 chip has greater lumens, but is the old one still a good purchase? I mean would I be mad to buy the old model as the newer one has been out for a while or is there a significant improvement with the newer L2 model? Does the extra 80 lumens make that much difference in the real world and does the new model do anything extra that the old one didn't?

Thanks in advance!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I realise that the new L2 chip has greater lumens, but is the old one still a good purchase? I mean would I be mad to buy the old model as the newer one has been out for a while or is there a significant improvement with the newer L2 model? Does the extra 80 lumens make that much difference in the real world and does the new model do anything extra that the old one didn't?
As detailed in the review, the 2013 edition was more evolutionary than revolutionary. I think the old model is still quite serviceable. However, Olight kept the price the same when they updated, so there was no incentive to buy the older model. Unless your local vendor is offering a really good price, you might want to see what you can find online.

:welcome: