Olight S10 pocket clip

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
I'm about 90% decided on getting one, but I have one question I want to throw out about the pocket clip. My understanding is that they've used the same clip for all the versions, so early adopters are especially welcome, even though I'm thinking to buy the newest S10R. I use the pocket clip to carry my lights down inside my left hand pocket. I'm concerned about the clip coming off the light and losing either the light or the clip. Anyone have any input on this issue with my method of carry?

torchsarecool

Enlightened
I have the first version of the s10. The pocket clip isn't something I use, but I can vouch for it being sturdy. I couldn't see it coming apart from the light accidentally its too secure. The s10 baton is a superb little pocket rocket. Mine doesn't have a soft lockout though which would be a potential issue for you. Pretty sure the later versions have this ability, though check first.

coctailer

Newly Enlightened
I been carrying the S20R in my left pocket.

No sign of the clip coming off.

With the S10R, I would probably drop the whole light into the bottom of my pocket and not even use the clip.

I would go for it and get the S10R.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I'm about 90% decided on getting one, but I have one question I want to throw out about the pocket clip. My understanding is that they've used the same clip for all the versions, so early adopters are especially welcome, even though I'm thinking to buy the newest S10R. I use the pocket clip to carry my lights down inside my left hand pocket. I'm concerned about the clip coming off the light and losing either the light or the clip. Anyone have any input on this issue with my method of carry?

If the pocket clip does fail, the light should just drop in your pocket, although I've had lights and knives get snagged on seatbelts and backpack straps before. Not much you can do about that. If the clip does snag on something, it usually just bends and you can remove it and bend it back.