Olight S15R (XM-L2, 1x14500/AA) Rechargeable + Dock Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES+

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Also would I have damaged my battery? :shakehead
I'm sure the battery is fine. The flashing indicator means some sort of fault is detected by the charging circuit, so no charging was occurring. It's just one of these things - presumably, it doesn't like how your Apple USB power adapter is setup. :shrug:

Flashy808

Enlightened
I'm sure the battery is fine. The flashing indicator means some sort of fault is detected by the charging circuit, so no charging was occurring. It's just one of these things - presumably, it doesn't like how your Apple USB power adapter is setup. :shrug:

Oh I understand :). I guess I'll stay away from Apple adaptor when it comes to charging my baton.

I know this is kind of straying from the topic but will this sort of error occur when using external chargers (eg. i4,VP2,VC4...)?

Thanks for the info SelfBuilt! :)

Lex Icon

Newly Enlightened
Oh I understand :). I guess I'll stay away from Apple adaptor when it comes to charging my baton.

I know this is kind of straying from the topic but will this sort of error occur when using external chargers (eg. i4,VP2,VC4...)?

Thanks for the info SelfBuilt! :)

Dedicated charging adapters, such as those designed for specific equipment (e.g. Apple products), are likely to present problems more often than 'generic' charging adapters, power hubs, and external battery banks with intelligent circuits built in to identify the necessary parameters.

As an example, I have used Anker brand units featuring IQ circuitry without any problems up to this point, charging everything except the smallest mah batteries, which draw so little they seem to confuse the circuits into thinking the small batteries are already charged.

Last edited:

Flashy808

Enlightened
Dedicated charging adapters, such as those designed for specific equipment (e.g. Apple products), are likely to present problems more often than 'generic' charging adapters, power hubs, and external battery banks with intelligent circuits built in to identify the necessary parameters.

As an example, I have used Anker brand units featuring IQ circuitry without any problems up to this point, charging everything except the smallest mah batteries, which draw so little they seem to confuse the circuits into thinking the small batteries are already charged.

Ahaha yes I have heard of such problems. But the odd thing is, even when I used a standard USB port on a PC it didn't want to charge.

Thanks!