only 1 light for the rest of your life...which one?

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
The mere idea of this thread is preposterous!

It would be like trying to choose "only one woman" for the rest of your life. :rolleyes:

:crackup:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mere idea of this thread is preposterous!

It would be like trying to choose "only one woman" for the rest of your life. :rolleyes:

:crackup:

meh,

i was just trying to get peoples opinions about 'the best general purpose light' available today.

i got my answer.:thumbsup:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I had to choose only one, it would have to be an Aleph-type light with a easily changeable light engine.

That way my light always is up to date!

Or is this an unacceptable loophole?

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying that Jennifer would need batteries? :naughty:

:lolsign::lolsign::lolsign:

Back on topic ....

Novatac 120P, but then again I just build my first light, a Mag P7
Hmmm .... I think I will stick to my first choice, the Novatac ...
more reliable :D

shomie911

Enlightened
The Surefire A2 Aviator with white LEDs.

Just said "I'll take it" for an old flat-sided A2 with white LEDs.

It's good to see that someone would keep it as their only light, I hope I like it that much too. :thumbsup:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the lights that I own, I'd have to say it would be my SureFire A2.

But once I got thinking about it for a while, I would probably have to say it would be a SureFire C2 HAIII (or possibly a SF M2).

Here is why:
- Obviously, being a P60 host it gives you a bunch of options...P60, P61, P90 and P91 on Li-Ion or IMR cells, Malkoff LEDs, LF incan and LED drop-ins, etc., etc. As new things develop in the market, most likely there will be P60 size drop-ins.

- Combat grip in case I would need to use it with a pistol.

- Tough hard anodizes finish should hold up to a lot of abuse.

- It's two-cell size is still pretty pocketable and small enough to have it on you when you need it.

I guess as I see it, it's a pretty safe choice going with a P60 size host and if it's going to be the only one for the rest of your life, it might as well be a bada** one at that (C2 or M2). :cool:

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
As much as I'd like to say the Ra Clicky, it hasn't been around long enough or in enough people's hands yet. The Ra Twisty is probably the light that I believe most likely to last a lifetime -- so, that's what I'd go with. I love my Novatacs, but they are not the tanks that the Ra lights are.