Open apology to CPF members

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
We used to use a pencil to jump connectors on a amp cpu to overclock it lol
I remember those days. Many years ago when older ham radio operators needed a high-value grid-leak resistor for a vacuum tube circuit, they could draw a pencil line on s piece of paper, connect alligator leads to each end, then they could draw a progressively heavier line until they got the resistance value that they needed.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
what flashlights would you bring to Antarctica for a two week trip in July (24 hour darkness) assuming free unlimited batteries/recharges and living accommodations?
I'd be afraid to go to Antarctica in the dark. No one realizes it, but that's where the Bigfoot population is hiding. It's easy for them to stay warm there with their big furry bodies.:p:cool::p

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a nazi submarine base at least 1, maybe be even one or more rusted subs, soviets had been there too, and maybe used those bases themselves, this is not a CT, it is a fact, after fall of ussr many documents were declassified including captured nazi documents. there are huge cavities under the ice assessable by subs, I would think usa uses them too. there is a ban for military activity, but not for scientific and research purposes.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
YEa, i was a kid, what is your excuse?
I didn't know these existed until this thread so I looked it up on Wikipedia. Also called copying pencils, they contained a dye that was pretty bad for you. Alpg88, I hope you didn't suffer any ill effects from it.

I got stabbed by a pencil while in middle school and a small piece of the lead snapped off and got lodged under the skin on my hand. It stayed there for years.

I haven't had any ill effects from it except for this odd obsession with lights. ;)

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't know these existed until this thread so I looked it up on Wikipedia. Also called copying pencils, they contained a dye that was pretty bad for you. Alpg88, I hope you didn't suffer any ill effects from it.

I got stabbed by a pencil while in middle school and a small piece of the lead snapped off and got lodged under the skin on my hand. It stayed there for years.

I haven't had any ill effects from it except for this odd obsession with lights. ;)
Aniline die is still used in clothing, leather manufacturing.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

I had a pencil lead break off on my wrist in grade school. I had a dark dot from it for years after that. One day it was just gone. Maybe there's something to this obsession with lights thing afterall. To think, I thought it was the voices for all these years but perhaps it's from a small piece of graphite floating around inside me somewhere.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Taking a risk here but seems like now is the time to let you all know that the pulse width modulation (PWM) in flashlights is used to keep us from seeing the Bigfoot among us. Here you can see my son years ago, outfitted with PWM defeat gear.
IMG_2227.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Anyone else play pencils in school? Ya know where you took turns trying to break the other persons pencil with yours?