Opinions needed: 5.11 ATAC 6" boot

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Opinions needed: 5.11 ATAC 6\" boot

It looks good as a general purpose boot, I don't need it to kick down doors in the middle of the night or anything of that nature. What I do need is for it to be comfortable when walking around a lot or standing a lot, offer reasonable foot protection, and waterproof is a must, you wouldn't believe how some footwear manufacturers stretch that definition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm looking at the 6" one, it doesn't need to go that high. What do you guys think?

mokona2

Enlightened
Re: Opinions needed: 5.11 ATAC 6\" boot

I ordered a pair based on similar requirements (comfortable, general wear that has decent waterproof protection). After about 1-1/2 weeks I haven't had any complaints. Since I have a tendency to "drag my heals" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I haven't noticed any accelerated wear on the soles either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Magnums are good too. I'm about to get a shorter pair for summer.

matt_j

Enlightened

Yeah I use Rockies 8 inch zip paratrooper boots for work and they are really really really (three times really) comfortable.

junior

Enlightened

Danner, solomon and merrel make some real good boots.

Im a cheapskate, i use Altama Jungle boots for hiking etc.

Watch that tactical look kevin:)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
junior said:
Watch that tactical look kevin:)

[/ QUOTE ]

If I wanted tactical, I already have real issue boots.. that were actually issued to me thru the system. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif (yes I have done Interesting Things(tm))

But we will not go there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

junior

Enlightened

oops......there goes my mouth again........

over here in the states if one has the tactical look, ones gets looked at oddly. Especially here in California....

Anyhow those 5.11 boots look good and i have heard a lot of good things about their clothing and such, so those boots should be good to go.

I dont want to know about the interesting things you have done because of you tell me then youll have to K### me!

SJACKAL

Enlightened

Kelvin, if you are gonna have boots shipped to Singapore, it might be expensive due to the size and weight.

I got my Altamas from Sheares, Magnum is available at Sngarms, and of course Goretex can be available from Beach rd armymart or SAF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Otherwise there are good and cheap alternatives for the industrial market like Kings boots or something available locally. Just my opinion.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip, I may take a look around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Shipping cost is always a problem, well.. depends on how badly I want it. The upgraded Goretex ones are pretty good but a little on the high side.

Wish I had a new ArcAAA to offer you, I do have one with the horizontal words, unfortunately that's my one and only Arc that's a keeper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SJACKAL

Enlightened

No problem Kevin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif