• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired [ORDER THREAD]: Custom IRIS 1xCR123/1x18650 XP-G R5 Multi Colors and Options

Light11

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,

I my next project could to be a titanium Iris run, I just tested one for myself :)

Here it is, Ti6Al4V titanium on the left and 7075-T6 Alluminium on the right:

img7292y.jpg

very nice Davide, I'm interested in a TI Iris, 18650 :grin2:

paintballdad

Enlightened
Davide,

How about continuing the aluminum IRIS thread but doing a prepaid run of 20 to 30 lights. Maybe this will help with streamlining the work load.
I'm setting some funds aside hoping the IRIS would be back up for sale again.

Heck, i'd give up my Gatlight for one of these lights!

Delghi

Enlightened
Thanks Paintballdad, no plans right now but I won't leave the aluminium project as suggested.

At the moment I have in mind a titanium run. I'm testing a few coatings on it, here's a sneek pic of PVD AlTin, one of the hardest coating available.

I'll probably setup a thread for titanium preorders someday next week.

img8105i.jpg

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, Davide.

The color of this coating is very attractive. :D

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
It was getting dark so this was all I could get today. I actually received my excellent Iris #005 last week but I had to wait on some AW batteries with the + button since my 2600mAh 18650s wouldn't work. I like it a lot! It fits together so well you can't even see where the pieces screw together, and the clicky has a very smooth action, and of course it's plenty bright!

4495731902_f84421c11d.jpg

4495731744_0f1bae6266_b.jpg

Thank you for an excellent light. I hope I don't miss the announcement for the Ti version. :D

Last edited:

Delghi

Enlightened
Wow, beautiful pics mikeymoto!

If you need to use mostly buttonless batteries, a solder blob can always be soldered on the positive contact of the driver in a similar way you do on Aleph engines.

I'm setting exact price and options for titanium, now that new Neutral White XP-G R4 is available, I can offer it as option along the standard R5 Cool White..

Anyway in a few days I'm opening the presale for the Ti Iris :)

black bolt

Newly Enlightened
Hey Davide can you tell me if the Aluminum Custom IRIS flashlights that Lighthound is selling all have the EDC user interface? If not, how can they distinguish which ones have the tactical or edc ui? Is this written somewhere on the card that comes with each flashlight?

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Davide can you tell me if the Aluminum Custom IRIS flashlights that Lighthound is selling all have the EDC user interface? If not, how can they distinguish which ones have the tactical or edc ui? Is this written somewhere on the card that comes with each flashlight?

The light that I received from Lighthound has the EDC UI. It memorizes whatever level you last had it on. :) Mine was orange btw.

black bolt

Newly Enlightened
The light that I received from Lighthound has the EDC UI. It memorizes whatever level you last had it on. :) Mine was orange btw.

Congrats on your orange Iris 9mm! I ordered the exact same one from Lh three days ago, just waiting on the mailman to deliver it. I'm 99% sure it has the EDC UI, just like yours. I'm hoping that there is a Tactical UI in one of these IRIS flashlights at Lh in the black color because if there is, I'm definitely going to have to get another one of these flashlights.

Last edited:

black bolt

Newly Enlightened
:twothumbs got mine in orange from lighthound today in the mail.....GREAT SERVICE....BTW :twothumbs

Hey Karl can you verify what UI did your flashlight come with? Is it the EDC or Tactical version? Btw congrats too on this purchase of this flashlight!