• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oveready boss 35 help

ven

Flashaholic
I did and I suspect you are right. I researched their customer service prior to ordering. I just hope it is a quick process. I am also curious as to what the cause of this is. It kind of bothers me that the light was fully functional and then stopped working after a day or two of very light use. The light was never bumped or dropped and it was only on for maybe 10 minutes total since I owned it.

Oveready will come through for you, its not always the quickest. But it gets done and done right ,which at the end of the day is most important. Dan will look after you, if its a driver issue, then it will be sent to Tom for the work. Your in good safe hands:)

Stang Bladeworks

Newly Enlightened
It sometimes takes them a couple days to reply to me via email, but they always reply to me.

Im glad to hear so many people vouch for them. Im hoping to hear back tomorrow. All I can do is wait for now. Ill update this thread when I hear from them. Im sure this will get resolved im just hoping it wont be a long turnaround.

Stang Bladeworks

Newly Enlightened
So i recieved my replacement head on thursday. The head is fully functional but there is either a few hairs or cracks in the lense. There is also some goop on the inside of the lense. It kind of resembles a mosquito squashed against a window. I dont have the proper tools to take the bezel off and i dont want to risk damaging the light. I reached out to oveready but i havent heard back yet. I am wondering if im just having bad luck or if this is normal. I hope they can help me straighten this out. I dont think i can post pictures since my paid account ran out but i may renew it so i can get feedback from others. To be honest i completely understood the first issue because the light was fully functional when it was sent out but this is a little disappointing. I wont jump to any conclusions. Im sure based on their reputation that this will get resolved. I will update this thread when I hear back.

Stang Bladeworks

Newly Enlightened
If anyone has any advice or opinions for me im all ears. I really like the light and so far the company has been good to deal with. I dont think im being too fussy here. I would be upset with this out of a 50 dollar light.

ven

Flashaholic
Try imgur or alike, its a free on line photo album. Once up loaded direct from either laptop or phone(there is an app). You can copy the pic, first of all select the size (ie medium,large etc) and copy the BBCode part. Then just paste that here in the post box. If you click the go advanced before the post quick reply option, you can check the pic is there and correct first.

https://imgur.com/

Stang Bladeworks

Newly Enlightened
I was contacted by oveready in response to my email. They laid out a few options. They were out of heads so I elected to have them ship me their proprietary wrenches so i can swap the lense from my malfunctioned head with the functional one. I asked that they place some wear parts in with the wrenches to avoid shipping down the road. I offered to pay for the parts. I didnt hear back either way about them, im hoping they tossed them in with the wrenches. So far this has been a bit more of a hassle than I was hoping for but oveready has stood by their stuff. I will update this thread once I receive the package. I am sure it will be the last update and all of this will be sorted out.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even without their proprietary wrenches it is rather easy to open the head. I used strap wrenches to swap out the optics on all of my six Bosses. I would swap the lens and the optic as well to make sure that "mosquito" looking stuff is gone for good.

Stang Bladeworks

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice. I did figure there would be other ways to disassemble the head. I am just trying to avoid any damage that may result from me making a mistake. I am not knowledgeable about flashlights in general so I am hesitant to take any shortcuts. It doesnt seem like rocket science but I can think of many examples where i used the wrong tool and damaged something. I have waited this long I may as well wait a little longer. Hopefully all goes well this time.

Stang Bladeworks

Newly Enlightened
I recieved the wrences in the mail today. The swap was painless. More importantly I recieved several emails with instructions and was reassured that if I did somehow botch the install they would still help me out. I think its very admirable that oveready stood behind their product and made sure I was looked after. I hope this thread serves as one more record of overeadys great customer service. I would not hesitate to do business with them again or recommend them to a friend. Thanks Dan for all your help.