Painting your flashlights. Good reason to do it!

Will you paint 1 or more of your flashlights?

• No way, I'm chicken / happy with how they came.

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Greatly considering the possibilities.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • I want to do it. I will try a cheap light first to see how it comes out.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I'm off to the hardware store now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only a true flashaholic would think of that. Let's send him money!

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
i agree with powder coating, its way better than just spray paint, if its tough enough for brake calipers its tough enough for a flashlight

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've thought about painting one of my G2's, especially since there is a relatively new spray paint available at auto parts stores that is relective. As far as I have seen, it's available in red, white, and (I think) clear. About $10 a can at MallWart, but maybe cheaper elsewhere.

I'll have to look into it some more, but I think that the clear reflective would rock on one of my G2's.

db

Newly Enlightened
I havn't tried the Fusion paint yet... I sent a can of pink home with my daughter so they could paint the powerwheels jeep.. I don't think that they ever did...

Brownells lists some Grit Paint which might be worth looking at.

A friend used some on a 10/22 stock awhile back. It worked well :thumbsup:

From the Brownell site:
Grit-Filled Epoxy Paint Sprays Extra Grip Or A Slip-Resistant Surface Wherever You Need It

Now you can instantly add extra grip to any rifle or pistol stock without machining or baking. Epoxy-base makes it long wearing and water- proof. Sticks to all properly prepared fiberglass, wood, aluminum, and metal surfaces and dries in only minutes. Round-shaped, synthetic grit particles have absolutely no sharp edges so they can't cut or abrade your face or hands. Especially fantastic for fiberglass stocks.

SPECS: 12 oz. (340 g) aerosol can. 1 can covers 24 sq. ft.
Green, Gray, Brown, Black, and Clear. $10.05 per can + shipping

Some of the guys on the ATV forums are liking the bedliner stuff for the racks on their quads.
I forget which forum it was discussed... atvnation perhaps ?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried the Krylon Fusion paint (Nickel Shimmer) as I thought it was going to give a Nickel Plating appearance. Not hardly, but it is a cool finish none-the-less. I was trying to recoat rusty colored screws but it didn't give the same effect as the Nickel Plating already on the screws. Anyone know of anything better for a Nickel appearance?

On the flip side I have used the other Fusion colors for computer plastic parts like CD-Rom and Floppy drives and the stuff works great!

KrylonFusionCDRom.jpg

The CD-Rom was an all Beige before I hit it with Black Fusion and Nickel Shimmer for accents.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does painting a strip of Glow-in-the-Dark paint count? :laughing:
Well I did think of painting some of lights, but it'd have to be the cheaper range. I wouldn't touch my SFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.