---Pairs Well---

Bull-Dozer

Newly Enlightened
When carrying a light, what must you pair with it? To be fair I think we need to disqualify wallets, phones and keys. They're too obvious and automatically assumed like shoe laces and underwear.

For me, I do not leave the house without my thick glasses paired with a back pocket full of lens wipes. If I'm carrying a knife then a handkerchief becomes necessary for the inevitable slips and drips as I'm terribly clumsy. I hardly wear a baseball cap without a shemagh, so very useful against insects and the Summer sun.

The thing I most often pair with a flashlight is another flashlight. It doesn't feel right stepping out with just one. I used to pack extra batteries but I don't like the weight in my backpack. Ounces make pounds and pounds make old back injuries flare up. Like a "New York reload" (carrying two guns), I simply carry a regular light and a mini light as backup.

I must carry it with… a battery.

Seriously though, I carry a knife and pen with me.

In my pocket today:
IMG_0973.jpeg

Last edited:

Bull-Dozer

Newly Enlightened
I must carry it with… a battery.

Seriously though, I carry a knife and pen with me.

In my pocket today:
View attachment 45852

---scalpel_ninja--- Just a few weeks ago BladeHQ was featuring some knives with translucent amber scales, looked a whole lot like the pen in your picture. I'm a sucker for that color but couldn't free up the funds in time. I forgot the make and model, now I'm racking my brain trying to remember. Anyways, nice setup!

Last edited:
---scalpel_ninja--- Just a few BladeHQ was featuring some knives with translucent amber scales, looked a whole lot like the pen in your picture. I'm a sucker for that color but couldn't free up the funds in time. I forgot the make and model, now I'm racking my brain trying to remember. Anyways, nice setup!
Thanks! This pen is my first Ultem item. I kinda like it in a pen, not sure about knife scales though…

Bull-Dozer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! This pen is my first Ultem item. I kinda like it in a pen, not sure about knife scales though…
---scalpel_ninja--- I have always wanted a nice pen and they just keep making them better and better but then I remember my ability to lose everything I carry sooner or later. Most of it I find again later on but a nice pen would really be a heartache.

Bull-Dozer

Newly Enlightened
I was a .32 wheel man myself. I couldn't afford to do much shooting at all nevermind bullets were rarely in stock for .32 h&r mag!
---letschat7--- I had never heard of that. I just pulled up a YouTube video on the cartridge on AmmoMart's channel. Pretty interesting history behind it. They say H&R developed the caliber in 1984 but themselves never put out a gun to shoot it. I guess I never thought about which would typically come first in a new design - the gun or the bullet. Very cool.

---scalpel_ninja--- I have always wanted a nice pen and they just keep making them better and better but then I remember my ability to lose everything I carry sooner or later. Most of it I find again later on but a nice pen would really be a heartache.
These pens aren't really high-priced. While they're sold out, the company that makes them also machines titanium ones.

Product page here.

The Hawk

Enlightened
A must have item for me is an extra AAA battery for the AAA powered mini light that I EDC. I have not heard the term "New York reload" in several years. I did know what you were talking about though, as I am retired LEO (Law Enforcement Officer).

Bull-Dozer

Newly Enlightened
A must have item for me is an extra AAA battery for the AAA powered mini light that I EDC. I have not heard the term "New York reload" in several years. I did know what you were talking about though, as I am retired LEO (Law Enforcement Officer).
---The Hawk--- I have been consider putting a AAA light back on my keychain. It is certainly one of those things I never knew I would use so much until I started carrying it consistently. Or maybe I will go with a similarly sized Stream Light Microstream for its rechargeability.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A flashlight pairs well with....another flashlight. A ball cap...pairs well with a flashlight, a wallet pairs well with a flashlight. A sleeping dog pairs well with a flashlight. A breakfast burrito pairs well with a flashlight, a hot rod Lincoln pairs well with a flashlight. A cold beer pairs well with a flashlight. A leather jacket.....yup, a flashlight.