Pak-Lite Review

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big fan of these for indoor emergency lighting. Awesome runtimes, totally usable amount of light. Cannibalize the battery from your smoke alarm if needed!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, old thread. Since I last posted 4 1/2 years ago, I've bought 2 Pak-Lites. The first one was a standard model with a glow top. I was impressed with it, so I decided to buy one of the super versions, also with a glow top. It's noticably brighter than the standard version, and worth the extra money in my opinion. I use it almost every night.

I take one of my Pak-Lites with me whenever I travel somewhere with an overnight stay. Being able to find it in the dark in a hotel room is a nice touch.

The Pak-Lite will be one of the lights I will be using many years from now. It's a classic in my book, like the Photon Microlight. No matter how "obsolete" it gets, it will still be very useful.

Maybe I'll buy another one soon!

DaveG

Enlightened
I like these things also,and I also use mine as a night light when staying in a hotel.Just turn it on and leave it in the bathroom for a late night pit stop works great.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one many years ago and love it- great by the bedside with the idle mode bouncing off the ceiling.
I was going to get a couple more so I have the same question.

I think the company was merged or bought out by SafeLight (I think that's the name). They changed the PAL-Light a little bit. They replaced the curved lens with a flat one, so it puts out a totally floody beam instead of a defined round spot. I saw them at Cabela's less than a year ago on clearance for less than $5 each. If I go there again in the near future, I'll see if they still sell them.