paleblue AAA USB-C Rechargeable Batteries for my Coast HP7

gjk735

Newly Enlightened
About to buy paleblue AAA USB-C Rechargeable Batteries for my Coast HP7 from their website. 4 pack plus charging cord (I believe with 4 leads) $24.99. Thoughts?

gjk735

Newly Enlightened
About to buy paleblue AAA USB-C Rechargeable Batteries for my Coast HP7 from their website. 4 pack plus charging cord (I believe with 4 leads) $24.99. Thoughts?
Just bought them with 15% off first time purchase promo. Let you know.

gjk735

Newly Enlightened
My flashlight blinks when using these batteries on high setting. I suspect circuit protection from the flashlight and/or the batteries.

UPDATE: Response from Coast:
"I do apologize for any confusion or frustration. The HP7 flashlight is an alkaline battery only model of flashlight, and Lithium batteries will not work correctly. The current used by the lithium batteries to not work with the usage for the flashlight, creating flickering."

Current too high perhaps (uses four AAA)?

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast

They're available from paleblue directly for 19.99, but even then, $5/cell is kind of steep, and the price and cells with built-in chargers doesn't scale well, and we don't have any comprehensive tests available for these cells. The price is very high especially when considering Eneloop AAA are about $3/cell, and it is highly unlikely paleblue has as much capacity and can deliver as much current or number of charge cycles as Eneloop. I'd recommend instead getting this Panasonic Quick charger with two quads of Eneloop AAA cells included for $45.50. Subtracting the cost of the cells, you'll get a decent charger for less than $21. Though you'll spend twice as much, you'll get twice as many cells plus a good charger.

My flashlight blinks when using these batteries on high setting. I suspect circuit protection from the flashlight and/or the batteries.

Unlikely there is any "protection circuit" involved. Far more likely the cells can't provide enough current for any length of time, causing the light to blink off when current drops. If you can, return the cells for refund, and get the charger and cells I recommended above. You won't regret it.

And welcome to CPF, gjk735.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I use eneloop pro's in my HP7. See, the HP7 is a direct drive light that has a hgh drain on batteries. That means as available fuel diminishes (ie remaining voltage) the light dims.

When using alkalines you see the beam begin to dim in about a minute from it's demand on those fuel cells. Regular eneloops provide a few more minutes before you see it begin to dim. With the pro's it's a good solid 10 minutes or so. A 4 pack kit BK-4HCCA4BA with charger is about $41 at Amazon. I've been using a set since about 2015 with good service.

gjk735

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. May use these as 1.5 lithium rechargeable (Paleblue) didn't work. Am looking for recommendations of flashlights that CAN use 1.5 volt rechargeable lithium.