• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Parallel 3x18650 Megalennium

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the McClicky the only switch option?

McClicky works great with 1x26650 Megalennium and I never had problem with. Parallel 3x18650 will hold voltage very well and run much longer. (3x2600=7800mAh @ 3.7 Volt)

I am also interested to find which LED modules members are proposing to use. I know the SST-90s are high draw but are there tower module versions available?

You will need one of these with proper bezel.

Is there going to be some kind of markings on this to differentiate this from the serial bodies are you going to be making?

All battery contacts are marked P as Positive and N as Negative.

Last edited:

Balefire

Newly Enlightened
Assuming the module can take it, would it be possible to run 6x CR123 primaries in a 2S3P 6v configuration in an emergency?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming the module can take it, would it be possible to run 6x CR123 primaries in a 2S3P 6v configuration in an emergency?

Even better...What about loading it with 6 IMR 16340 cells. That would put it in the 8.4V range and there are Lumens Factory Incan bulbs for it as well as bi-pin kit Litho bulbs for that lower input voltage too.

Now I am excited.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is possible but wouldn't it be better to carry extra set of 18650 for an emergancy?

Even better...What about loading it with 6 IMR 16340 cells. That would put it in the 8.4V range and there are Lumens Factory Incan bulbs for it as well as bi-pin kit Litho bulbs for that lower input voltage too.
For 8.4 volt operation, 2x26500 Megalennium will serve much better with longer run time, less voltage sag and fewer cell to recharge.

Hmmm, what kind of resistance is the mcclicky going to see from 6 x IMR cells?
It works fine with my upcoming ROP head with 2x26500 M6

Last edited:

jslappa

Enlightened
Received my parallel body today. I love the new button varooj. The glossy HA is also a nice touch, and makes it very easy to know the difference between the series and the parallel bodies.

Well done.

jslappa

Enlightened
Would anyone/everyone please list exactly what setup they are running in this parallel body? I smoked the board in an SST-90 and don't want to do it again. Search came up with Zero.

nautilus1950

Newly Enlightened
anything that runs on 1 cell should be fine. Did u accidentally place the cells on reverse?

I tried running a LF D36 LED module on this with AW 18650-2600, and it ran fine (specced 3.6V - 13V).

jslappa

Enlightened
anything that runs on 1 cell should be fine. Did u accidentally place the cells on reverse?

I tried running a LF D36 LED module on this with AW 18650-2600, and it ran fine (specced 3.6V - 13V).

Initially, I used 3 x unprotected Sanyo cells. The tailcap spring got super hot and retarded the spring. The SST-90 didn't like them either. Once I rep.aecd the unprotected cells with AW 2200 18650's, the light functioned as expected. The Clone M3 head matches exceptionally well! Both are glossy. Now I'm on the hunt for a beam diffuser to complete my "Sea Cucumber" look.

edelbrock

Newly Enlightened
Initially, I used 3 x unprotected Sanyo cells. The tailcap spring got super hot and retarded the spring. The SST-90 didn't like them either. Once I rep.aecd the unprotected cells with AW 2200 18650's, the light functioned as expected. The Clone M3 head matches exceptionally well! Both are glossy. Now I'm on the hunt for a beam diffuser to complete my "Sea Cucumber" look.
Glad to hear that. Been thinking about getting one of these and maybe using a Nailbender SST-90 direct drive in one of his Clone M3 heads. 3x18650 in parallel should give it the current it needs. :thumbsup:

Rat6P

Enlightened
would it be possible to also purchase the bits to convert this to series when the desire arises?

If not, does anyone have any idea how tricky it would be to do the "operation" oneself?

Red-T

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

paypal (8DD87481HP3190247) sent for

Red-T - #09 Parallel 3x18650 Megalennium /w McClicky and international shipping - $149.

Thank you!