• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PD40vn - 1st MTG2 Single Cell

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Factory claim 1600 OTF. Looks about right to me. Fenix are usually honest and right on. Not sure my the VN turbo is but its brighter for sure which mean more than 1550

thundertree

Enlightened
+1
If High mode can be boosted to over 1600+ AND continuous 15 minutes of use before overheat, then I'm definitely in for that build!

editedby

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh, Paypal sent

Extra Options:
A) $30 Thermal pads for driver, New Arctic silver compound, sand smooth LED copper base
B) +$15 for MTG2 4000K (5000K default)
D) +$5 "V54" hand engraved
$165

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
+1
If High mode can be boosted to over 1600+ AND continuous 15 minutes of use before overheat, then I'm definitely in for that build!

Stock High is 1000 Lumen
I am guessing VN High is about 1200 Lumen.

On High the the light 15 minutes straight I think. I didn't time it but 15 minutes feels right. I will time it

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Testing P40 VS PD40vn right now on High.

PD40vn is the base version with current boost only. No other mods. Both running Efest 2500 fully charged

At 10 minutes the the factory light is just slightly warm.
At 10 minutes the PD40vn is Very warm but far from hot..

At 17 minutes the the factory light is just slightly warm.
At 17 minutes the PD40vn is Hot but still not too hot to hold

At 20 minutes the the factory light is still slightly warm.
At 20 minutes the PD40vn is uncomfortably hot to hold.

This is tested at at 70F room temperature with light sitting on a table.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Looks an excellent light , do like the size of 26650 lights. Imo just feel better in hand and better run times. Very impressive run time to be left standing.
:cool:

Capolini

Banned
Testing P40 VS PD40vn right now on High.

PD40vn is the base version with current boost only. No other mods. Both running Efest 2500 fully charged

At 10 minutes the the factory light is just slightly warm.
At 10 minutes the PD40vn is Very warm but far from hot..

At 17 minutes the the factory light is just slightly warm.
At 17 minutes the PD40vn is Hot but still not too hot to hold

At 20 minutes the the factory light is still slightly warm.
At 20 minutes the PD40vn is uncomfortably hot to hold.

This is tested at at 70F room temperature with light sitting on a table.

That is very GOOD http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/hands-clapping-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif considering its the Base version WITHOUT additional heat sinking and no thermal pads. Additional heat sinking and thermal pads will most certainly up those minutes. As is [Base Model w/ current boost] this light would have no problem using high for the duration of the battery in the winter time!

In the summer w/ additional heat sinking and thermal pads I would suspect you would still get at least 15 minutes of continuous high mode.

What I have noticed with ALL my modded lights is that if it gets hot tail standing w/ no fan in lets say 10 minutes. In actual use with the pace Capo requires of me[!], I would get 15 minutes or more of continuous max run time! This is in the summer time! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/happy/girl-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Good timing !! I was just about to ask about this one.

I like this light but I hate how Turbo takes a short moment before activated. Good thing High is boosted enough that I think running High for normal tasks now is more fulfilling.

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened
I really wanted to buy this when I saw Fenix's first news of it a month or so ago. At first I thought it had a rear switch and the side switch for mode changes which was not the case. I don't mind side switches alone but the delayed on/off and the lack of a true low mode was a deal breaker for me. I love the look and size of this light and a 1x26650 MT-G2 light really appeals to me. Hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit and give us some more options in this new category of light.

I swapped a few emails with a Zebralight rep a month or two ago and they said they are working on a new 3rd generation 18650 driver (being used in their products sometime this year) that can drive a 6V LED from a single 18650 cell (one of the variants can). So I'm personally hoping they can pull it off and release a compact 18650 MT-G2 light. Because as of now, even the PD40 is quite large (too large for me) for pocket carry. Based on the dimensions it's only slightly less in diameter (but longer) than a Eagletac SX25L3, which takes 3 18650 batteries. Really wish they reduced the chunk of the light a bit more since it is single cell.

a199578

Enlightened
Can I use this battery with it?
26650 KeepPower 5200mAh IMR26650 High Discharge Flat

OR is the below better?
26650 KeepPower 5200mAh Protected High Discharge Flat Top

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Can I use this battery with it?
26650 KeepPower 5200mAh IMR26650 High Discharge Flat

OR is the below better?
26650 KeepPower 5200mAh Protected High Discharge Flat Top

I haev only tested the unprotected and it works great.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Cubes might not look that pretty in the light though as I have to Jam them in LOL

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I sold 8 lights and I think only 2-3 people post...They are all from CPF too...people just hit me up directly nowadays :)