• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PDT – Premium Dedome Tint

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
:)

Great Idea.

Also Glad you are keeping your signature and model designation the same as well. (vn at the end of the stock flashlight model and V54 as your signature)

In the month of May or so, I'll be looking to get one of these PDT's in a P60 dropin that throws, and am willing to pay additional for any special magic you can impart on it. The idea is for a secondary light that is used to see forest creatures not discern able with the primary, general purpose torch.

Thank You for bringing so much excitement to this passion of ours.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Edit added to post 1:

Aside from LED variations different reflector curves and designs also influence tint differences. The Maelstrom X10 XML reflector for example tends to bend lights towards green naturally. David from 47 mentioned this phenomenal. In reflectors such as this, PDT can greatly reduce the unwanted tint but may still yield a small hint of it VS a factory 6500K Dome or Dedome.

n00blumen

Newly Enlightened
I got a bin of crappy tint LEDs dome on and off. I got local buyers talking me into selling them cheap in bulk so he can do home lighting projects. I am still hesitating to let them go as I want to build a fun project with them also. Something with like 100 LEDs powered with a car battery so I can mount it to the top of my car LOL

I drive a mini and the back seats were removed and I stuck in a board of 52 LEDs that flash colors. It made my car look like a rolling disco party.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any cool white 6500K Dedoem can add PDT Option.
okay thanks! how about XP-E2s or other color temps for XM-L2?

I'm not gonna lie to you, vinh, I already got a sneak peek at your PDT option for XP-E2s back in September/October 2013.*** I bought a de-domed XP-E2 4000K from you on September 30, 2013 (according to the PayPal email) and I have to say, my de-domed 4000K (well, originally 4000K I guess?) XP-E2 has a phenomenal tint, so I consider myself blessed :)

if you offer PDT options for XP-E2 and other XM-L2 color temps I think that'd be amazing unless, however, you're stating only 6500K de-domes get it because perhaps the 6500K temperature is your best seller so it's more cost effective for you?

*** PDT wasn't actually an option then, just luck of the draw I suppose ;)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
6500K XML2 only for now. Have not played with other LEDs. I don't think I can afford to do PDT with other LEDs as well.

Greens and sillyness is not a big deal with neutral tints. But I will do more testing and consider this.

okay thanks! how about XP-E2s or other color temps for XM-L2?

I'm not gonna lie to you, vinh, I already got a sneak peek at your PDT option for XP-E2s back in September/October 2013.*** I bought a de-domed XP-E2 4000K from you on September 30, 2013 (according to the PayPal email) and I have to say, my de-domed 4000K (well, originally 4000K I guess?) XP-E2 has a phenomenal tint, so I consider myself blessed :)

if you offer PDT options for XP-E2 and other XM-L2 color temps I think that'd be amazing unless, however, you're stating only 6500K de-domes get it because perhaps the 6500K temperature is your best seller so it's more cost effective for you?

*** PDT wasn't actually an option then, just luck of the draw I suppose ;)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

PDT VS Factory Cool White (A better than average sample shown)
Both Light X10vn
Both Dedome of course
Light on right might be a tad brighter but that's just battery

U2 bin PDT, Factory LED probably U2 bin too

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
PDT verified as excellent! Received my TX25Cvn today with PDT and the photo just above this post is representative of it's actual tint. It's not just right, it's perfect!

tomthebaker

Newly Enlightened
I have in my hands (for the time being) 4ea tx25c2vn's. 2 of them were purchase pre-PDT availability, and 2 with the new PDT's.

Here are some pics, and then my commentary.

Ceiling shots, with matched, fully charges Orbtronic high-drain batteries:

the 2 PDT's on the right:

Outdoors, in the same order:

Control:

1. Swingset is about 50 yards away.

2 (ignore the shadow-dog)

PDT1

PDT2

# 2 again. Tried to get the rooftop, but the Japanese Maple wanted to get in the pic too.

PDT 1, same shot:

My camera is an inexpensive Sony Cybershot, but it is known for good color rendition. That being said, the indoor shots looked different to my eyes, color-wise. The #2 light has been my favorite. Well-defined hotspot, bright white, great output. The #1 light, I really don't like as well. Color is fine, but not as bright, fuzzy edges. Good showing of what luck-of-the-draw will get you. Quite different looking beams.

The PDT's looked perfectly matched in color and brightness. No discernible difference to me at all. That is what the extra $$ are all about, IMO. The PDT's did not look as bright as #2, but they were brighter and more pleasing tint than #1, and outdoors, the tint on the PDT's is quite pleasant. Easier on the eyes, in my case.

My personal opinion is that I will be ordering the PDT's unless I want a whiter tint for brightness sake. I ordered 5000k on several previous Vinh lights, because I like the more natural tint.

My first flashlight beam shots and evaluation. Be kind.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I missed this tomthebaker,thank you for your time taking the pics and posting.......awesome stuff:twothumbs

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
5.1.2014 Update
We now have PDT as an options for the following LED:
1) XPG2 PDTc about 6000K temperature, small hint of green, great if you like cooler tint
2) XML2 PDTc about 6000K temperature, small hint of green, great if you like cooler tint
3) XML2 PDTn about 5000K temperature, very neutral tint

hille56

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible to get a PDT LED outside a flashlight? :)

THX

Last edited: