Peak Led solution exprience

Nemaon

Newly Enlightened
Hello

It was while going through various forums discussing flasht lights that I discovered Peak Led Solution and their Eiger flash light. The comments were glowing, and users couldn't stop praising the quality of the torch light. So, I took the plunge and bought a torch light that was ultimately much more expensive than the competition, which is far more advanced for the same type of product. I received my Eiger, and I'm shocked: the quality is simply worthy of a $10 torch light. Poor finish, a light that flickers even though I asked for a light without the QTC, and worst of all, the lens is crooked. Let's be clear: I haven't had as many issues with a Lumintop Worm stainless steel at €15.
And someone at Peak decided it was okay to send me a product like this
Furthermore, I discussed the issue with Robyn, providing photos, and according to her, my complaint is unfounded as it does not affect the usefulness (I'm using her word) of the flashlight...

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 002.png
    002.png
    822.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 003.png
    003.png
    786.1 KB · Views: 78

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned probably around 20 Peaks in my days. Only had one issue and that was the QTC pill coming apart inside the tube after a very hard hit on concrete, easy fix on my part.(must of been a bad pill).

There's one thing no one understands with Peak, they aren't pretty toys - they are tools that will work every time you need to use them.

Pic 2- that pinhole. More so from the syringe or needle they used to fill driver with potting. Some of mine had that, didn't cause any issues.

Pic 3 are just machine marks from lathe or CNC. That can be easily polished out in minutes. They aren't gonna waste time polishing the end when it does not do anything anyway.

Pic 1. Never saw that on any of my Peaks. The optics are TIR and not just a thin piece of plastic. If Robyn said it's fine and will not hinder issues using the light or long term reliably it will be fine, however I may of asked for that to be seated properly. As long as water/dust/ debris will not get inside that lens I wouldn't worry about. Drop head in glass of water for an hour, then try and use it. If it works you're good to go. Just use a standard AAA battery, not a 3.7v li-ion after that test.

QTC or non QTC pills in an eiger are almost the same with or without. Best way to use an eiger is single output only. Just twist head fully on and use it. Only peaks worth getting with QTC are the Logan and El Capitan because of the larger diameter of head

Nemaon

Newly Enlightened
While I understand the points you're making, and I may agree with some of them, I cannot agree with the idea of having to fix (polish) a flashlight myself that costs over 60 bucks. I genuinely believe their reputation is exaggerated, and once again, my stainless steel Worm has better finishing and overall is a better flashlight and cost less then a third of the price

Nemaon

Newly Enlightened
And by the way, there's no way to properly reseat the TIR since the entire assembly is encased in epoxy resin.

LRJ88

Enlightened
I must admit i've never seen the lens like that on any of mine. Is the beam profile affected much by that? Worst-case scenario if things don't work out to your liking there i'm willing to take it off your hands.

Nemaon

Newly Enlightened
I must admit i've never seen the lens like that on any of mine. Is the beam profile affected much by that? Worst-case scenario if things don't work out to your liking there i'm willing to take it off your hands.
''beam profile affected much by that'' -> not much
I'm quit sure you'll be not interested on it : it's custom and set to level 4.

LRJ88

Enlightened
I see no issues with that, it'd be an interesting addition. Give it a while to see how it works out, if you still feel like you aren't happy with it shoot me a DM with your asking price.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I understand the points you're making, and I may agree with some of them, I cannot agree with the idea of having to fix (polish) a flashlight myself that costs over 60 bucks. I genuinely believe their reputation is exaggerated, and once again, my stainless steel Worm has better finishing and overall is a better flashlight and cost less then a third of the price
I agree on a light that's priced like that it should be quality checked before shipping. I definitely see the concern with the optic. That would drive me nuts knowing it's not seated properly. This is the first I've heard of that lens issue.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya peaks are really user lights. They are pretty but it's their bombproof build that gets me.They are more then a lumintop but 60 bucks is really not a lot for what you get.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see your concern, but keep in mind that Peak makes tools. These aren't boutique lights. Of all of my current flashlights, I trust the Peaks the most.

Vemice

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure Robyn would replace it. I've owned probably 10+ Peaks and had one problem. She sent me a new light and return label.
This would have probably been a better option than bashing the company on a public forum. Looks like you just joined for that purpose.
Welcome to the forum.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot agree with the idea of having to fix (polish) a flashlight myself that costs over 60 bucks.

I have to polish my Apollo Penlight right out of the box and the seller offers a kit just for that.

You can get lights that are absolutely perfect in any way but it will cost hundreds of dollars. If you need something American cheap and nearly perfect for little money there is this light out there called Solitaire.

tboyson

Newly Enlightened
I've owned probably around 20 Peaks in my days. Only had one issue and that was the QTC pill coming apart inside the tube after a very hard hit on concrete, easy fix on my part.(must of been a bad pill).

There's one thing no one understands with Peak, they aren't pretty toys - they are tools that will work every time you need to use them.

Pic 2- that pinhole. More so from the syringe or needle they used to fill driver with potting. Some of mine had that, didn't cause any issues.

Pic 3 are just machine marks from lathe or CNC. That can be easily polished out in minutes. They aren't gonna waste time polishing the end when it does not do anything anyway.

Pic 1. Never saw that on any of my Peaks. The optics are TIR and not just a thin piece of plastic. If Robyn said it's fine and will not hinder issues using the light or long term reliably it will be fine, however I may of asked for that to be seated properly. As long as water/dust/ debris will not get inside that lens I wouldn't worry about. Drop head in glass of water for an hour, then try and use it. If it works you're good to go. Just use a standard AAA battery, not a 3.7v li-ion after that test.

QTC or non QTC pills in an eiger are almost the same with or without. Best way to use an eiger is single output only. Just twist head fully on and use it. Only peaks worth getting with QTC are the Logan and El Capitan because of the larger diameter of head
Hi there, I noticed that you have had much experience with Peak Flashlights. I just ordered some including the Logon, would you happen to know the best 17500 lithium battery for it? I did a web search and it got mixed results on 17500 size and brand so I am not sure which to get for it. Also got the Eiger Ultra and Ultra X, but unsure which lithium 10440 battery to use for those too. Any recommendations you may have would be greatly appreciated.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illumn 17500 Keeppower

Vapcell 10440

I don't normally use 17500 batteries. I would rather use a Vapcell 14500 F12 li-ion in the Logan or El Capitan

Just keep in mind there is no LVP (low voltage protection) in Peaks. So once output starts to drop, charge battery and install new one. That is with unprotected cells like the Vapcells I linked. The Keeppower is protected and will just shut off when voltage gets low enough

Enjoy your Peaks. I carry a SS Ultra Eiger everyday

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Furthermore, I discussed the issue with Robyn, providing photos, and according to her, my complaint is unfounded as it does not affect the usefulness (I'm using her word) of the flashlight...
Take him into the shower and see if the water comes through.

I had the similar thing - a crooked lens. It was simply placed crookedly and the ring that held it on top was not pressed. It looks like they ship defective lights overseas, but everything inside the country goes through stricter controls. I wrote about this in March 2019, the QTC was destroyed within a couple of hours, a little bit later I noticed that the head was fogged up and then discovered an unsealed gap. After fixing the leak in the basement, just on the day the lantern arrived, I took it with me. They promised to make a new head, but then they simply stopped answering letters. Then I pressed the lens with a knife and pressed the ring (this is a ring that holds the lens made from aluminum), additionally filling everything with rubber glue. After this mini-repair, it stopped leaking water even when soaked for a couple of nights in a bucket of water, but I sold it anyway

Attachments

• 1709630030764.png
    1709630030764.png
    74 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    851.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    944.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    843.9 KB · Views: 22

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I literally own one Peak LED Solutions flashlight.
A brass Eiger Ultra model that arrived last week, actually.
Brass pressure switch. No issues at all. Excellent build quality.
I was a bit disappointed to see that the impressive-looking checkering is just for show.

Other than that, very happy with mine. Sorry that your first experience with the brand was a negative one. I've nick-named mine: "Brass Head."