Pelican Led conversion

Lzeplin

Newly Enlightened
I found this old pelican prolite 4c out in the garage under my work bench. I had forgotten that I had it, luckily I had removed the old batteries. Is there any way to convert it to LED? Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I tried searching and googling but I can't find anything. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20221226_130924291.jpg
    IMG_20221226_130924291.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 98

Lzeplin

Newly Enlightened
I don't think so, it worked the last time I used it, I also bought a extra bulb when I got the light, I just prefer LED.

Last edited:

hsa

Enlightened
I had one of those and it took 3 alkaline leaks to kill it. (long story) I now have quite a few LED flashlights that offer great performance and reliability but I wish I had that Pro 4C back.
There are hundreds of reasonably priced LED flashlights out there to choose from. Hang around here for a while and you might get a better idea of what to get and save your old classic for later consideration.
Just my opinion.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Pelican bulb module used a long legged bi-pin light bulb, the legs of which wrapped around a positive point and a negative point in the module to achieve electrical current from the batteries.
There are options to do that with low power LED's like 5mm Yujis, but the current bulb is likely brighter.

The other option is a custom made module because there are no pre-built just drop it in plug and play modules made for that light.

So yeah there are ways to turn it into an LED light but it would be about as easy as turning a golf club into a baseball bat. Can be done, but is the end product worth it?

Lzeplin

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys guess I'll just leave it alone then, I had no idea how to convert it. Thought I could just drop a LED module in it. I have several good LED lights now, my brightest is a Nitecore Tm16, I carry some kind of a Olight everyday usually a Baton pro. I had forgotten about the Pelican, I have another pelican somewhere think it used 2C batteries and had a pocket clip, I'll have to look for it.