Philips Award Winning LED Bulb Review

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Jut got my L-Prize bulb today. The first thing I did was pry up the lenses and look at the LEDs while they're operating (oww, my eyes!) to make sure all of them were working. I'm happy to report that all three red and blue LEDs in each of the three sectors were working fine.

Next I placed it next to an existing Philips 'alien head' bulb with a similar reflector and I compared color rendering. The L-Prize bulb was somewhat richer in the red-orange area, producing a slightly more pleasing (and brighter) response on my hand as well as some printed graphics that had a lot of red-orange content in it.

The bottom line so far is that I like this bulb.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Products that were linked here have sold out.

Last edited:

carnal

Newly Enlightened
Wow, Ebay has them at $54-$84, and Home Deep went back up to $50 (but prob not in stock). It makes you wonder why everyone was DUMPING them the past few months. ESPECIALLY Home Deep at $15.

I think they all were big DUMMIES! Dumping the best lamp made to date for their incredible cri AND l/w factors.
Thanks to this forum I stocked up!

At the WAY dimmed edge of things I think I like my GE lamp better. $24 at Sams
i-kpDrQPd-XL.jpg

Not for cri, but for non flickering at WAY low light levels. I use an autotransformer (yes it's right by my bed), so it's not a wall dimmer switch incompatibility thing. The Philips goes blue, (I think) and flickers annoyingly SLOW at certain voltages.

Brian

Last edited: