Photo reviews 2 Coleman lanterns. "Easy Hanging" and "High Tech"

Norm

Retired Administrator
Re: Photo reviews 2 Coleman lanterns. "Easy Hanging" and "High Tech"

:welcome: picklenose

I'd also be interested in the answer, I have two Easy Hang lanterns, one bought here in Australia and one bought in the US via Amazon.
The Australian version came with both the rechargeable and D cell Pack, the US version came with only the D cell pack.

I do not like the rechargeable pack as it contains a 2.2Ah gel cell far less capacity than you have from any style of D cell, I prefer the D cell pack as I have quite a few old Nimh cells all test around 5Ah giving me far greater run time.

I've also tried unsuccessfully to purchase D packs.

Norm

Last edited:

picklenose

Newly Enlightened

:welcome: picklenose

I'd also be interested in the answer, I have two Easy Hang lanterns, one bought here in Australia and one bought in the US via Amazon.
The Australian version came with both the rechargeable and D cell Pack, the US version came with only the D cell pack.

I've also tried unsuccessfully to purchase D packs.

Norm

Hi Norm and thanks for the welcome.

Do you know how long these D packs have been unavailable? It would be a lot less concerning if I knew it was a temporary thing. I could probably find another Coleman model that comes with the D pack and then just buy the rechargeable one. I just don't want to do that because I like this one.

Norm

Retired Administrator

Do you know how long these D packs have been unavailable?
Sorry I don't, all I know is that after buying the first Easy Hang I went looking for a spare pack and was unable to find them. :(
I was last looking about a year ago.

Norm

lensman

Newly Enlightened

The other possibility is to buy another D cell lantern second-hand. That might actually be cheaper and easier than buying the pack separately.

picklenose

Newly Enlightened

Sorry I don't, all I know is that after buying the first Easy Hang I went looking for a spare pack and was unable to find them. :(
I was last looking about a year ago.

Norm

Just wanted to let you know that I just received a reply from Coleman. They say they will have these back in stock in February of next year. They did not say what the cause of the delay is but at least we know they will be getting more. I ended up buying a second Coleman lantern that came with the battery holder. I don't mind too much. Now I have a spare lantern. :twothumbs

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Good to hear. :)

Latest posts