Photon Freedom Fusion Headlamp

stringj

Newly Enlightened
I've had one for about two years and it's a good light but absolutely not a thrower. I've never had a single problem with any of its functions and I really like that the cover for its switches glows in the dark. It is versatile in that it can be converted into a hand-held light (which is how mine is for now). IMO it is a little heavy for a headlamp with the three cells up front. It makes a great camping light because of its dimmable features as well as when in hand-held mode, being able to set it down and position the head to illuminate just what you want to. My first one had one of the ears that allows the light to ratchet to different positions break off. I contacted the company and returned my unit and a new one arrived in a timely fashion. They know a thing or two about customer service. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If I was wanting a headlamp today, I would pass on the Fusion. If I was wanting a very well-rounded light that can be used as a headlamp, I'd buy another one. I hope this is of some use to you.

Jerry

83Venture

Enlightened
I have thought about getting one of these since they first came out. I hope they upgrade to a Luxon variable power unit in the future.