PhotonFest 2, NJ area get together

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
patience is not one of my virtues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

anyway, i trust that if there are any "censored" photos to be posted here, that somone would be kind enough to send me the origionals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ufokillerz

Enlightened
will be taking some pictures of the stuff tonight =) for our personal enjoyment, items go back out tomrorow. I won't be online for a while tomorrow till maybe tuesday due to a major upgrade. lets hope my 512mb video card can fit it all =)

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I know I would need a personal OK from PK before sending any pics even related to what we saw. We made a promise and we're stickin' to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Dining Room Nightlite.

Some people from both PhotonFest events asked about the color-changing LED nightlite I had plugged into my dining room outlet. Here's a link to it at glow-bug.com, complete with photo and description... and as it turns out, it's currently on sale.

Catapult

Enlightened
Hi all,

I hope I'm not invading your thread. We are having our very own get-together at NYC. We'll be touring Flushing Meadows Park with our lights. It's this coming Sunday, November 9. Transportation might be an issue, but balticvid is looking to come, and if milkyspit gets better, he might come too. You can travel as a group. If anyone is interested, feel free to join us over at NYC!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Catapult, you're not invading... we're neighbors, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe sometime we ought to get all the NJ flashaholics on one side of the Hudson, NYC flashaholics on the other side, pull out the "big guns" and shoot some, er, beams across the river. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Catapult

Enlightened
Sounds like a good plan for a future gathering. We just have to stay as far away from lower Manhattan as possible due to heightened security there.

If you also have some Motorola FRS radios, we can tune them to the same frequency and have some radio fun too!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is off-topic, but any of you fine people want to go in on buying a 3-pack of Elektrolumens' Blaster Jr. flashlights? They normally cost $69.95 each, but he sells 3 for $180. I'd like to try one, maybe stick a 3-watt emitter in there and run it off 3 NiMH AA cells. Any interest?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott,

Wayne is selling the Blaster Jr.s for $50! right now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Price is good 'till Christmas or he runs out of current stock. I just bought 4 of them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Details right here.

Peter

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
LitFuse, I'm not gonna argue with THAT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the tip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rich, you're not gonna like this answer, but I think the house was maybe half a mile away, maybe even slightly less.

As a point of reference, this I do know: the Califon A&P is about half a mile away from my house. So if you think the house in question is the same distance from my home as the Califon A&P is, it's half a mile. If you think the Califon A&P is farther, then the house in question is less than half a mile.