*Pictures, Impressions* Fenix RC40, 3500lm Searchlight

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
gopajti, you sure take some nice pics! I always enjoy looking at your threads even if I am not interested in the particular light the thread is about, such as this one. Great talent with the photos, keep it up.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really like your photos gopajti!

The texture of the toad's skin is captured amazingly, and the rest really are excellent. Nice Job :thumbsup:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Outstanding beamshot pics,gopajti!:clap:

Pics like the ones where your testing the RC40 on the road and on the field is the kind of pics one realy wants to see on a longdistance flashlight like the RC40. If you happen to live close to a large field(around 300meters long or so),could you please do a longdistance beamshot showing how the RC40 performs on a real longdistance? That would be awesome!Besides from Fenix own comercial pics, i have not seen so many real longdistance beamshots of the RC40.

rdljr1

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any beam shots comparing the RC40 to the Olight SR92?

Meatco1

Newly Enlightened
Appreciate the write up & photos!!!

I've been looking for a light I could toss in the truck n (and keep charged), as well
use here at the ranch. Seems this one fits the bill perfectly.

So, this post just sold me on the RC40.

Now off to Amazon to place my order.

Respects,
Richard

Usagee

Newly Enlightened
Re: Appreciate the write up & photos!!!

I just purchased the RC40 after some time of deliberation amongst the top 3000+ lumen torches. It's a beautiful light. Here are some screen shots of different lights I thought were helpful in making my decision.

Nitecore TM26 (3500lm)

Fenix RC40 (3500lm)

Olight X6 (5000lm)

4Sevens XM18 (16000lm)

I wish the RC40 can produce 16000lm! Boy would that be fun.

Here is my new Fenix.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix RC40

I bought a Fenix RC40 yesterday. I took our dog for a walk last night and it was fun lighting up things around the neighborhood. Anyway, I connected it to the charger last night, but it still isn't fully charged after being connected to the charger for over 11 hours. Has anybody else ran across this issue?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix RC40

Hmm... Don't know. Battery maybe weird? Maybe use it a lot then just let it fully charge. Sometimes I hear Li Ion batteries need to be initially charged fully before use but I don't know how much that's actually true.

I wonder why Fenix hasn't upgraded the RC40 to XM-L2's. They could easily get it over 4500 lm I'm guessing. Maybe the RC40 is so expensive they don't want to do that until they can fully clear stock of the XM-L version? It's a beast of a light but really expensive even for your average CPF flashaholic.

Brand___X

Newly Enlightened

As has been commented before.. Stunningly beautiful photography of the beam and that finely crafted torch itself :)

RemcoM

Enlightened

Hi, i have a question,

Wchich color of looking into a flashlight beam, of a for example......100 kcD light, is the most annoying......blinding...irritating for the eyes?

Yellow...orange, of an halogen spotlight........pure white.........blue, or purple blue?

My RC40, puts out purple blue light.

IS that the color, which is the most blinding....annoying, and irritating for the eyes? if you look from a distance into the light....and what about white....orange/yellow, and pure white?

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wchich color of looking into a flashlight beam, of a for example......100 kcD light, is the most annoying......blinding...irritating for the eyes?

Yellow...orange, of an halogen spotlight........pure white.........blue, or purple blue?

Each of us perceive colors in a different and unique way.

Your best bet is to shine a bunch of different lights at the bad guy and ask which one hurts his eyes the most. :thumbsup: