*Pictures* Jetbeam DDR26 (1*18650, XM-L2, rechargeable, 1000lm)

Waymed

Newly Enlightened
Your comparison pictures are very usefull. Thanks....
I own a few of the lights that you used and this helps a lot.
(I do wish that it includes a holster as I don't like to use my pockets!)

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys,

btw a small additional info: the red o-rings sizes: 20*1mm, 22*2mm

Lord Muzzy

Newly Enlightened
Great pictures and beamshots, just ordered one in UK for £55.50 delivered!! :twothumbs

Kris_Outdoors

Newly Enlightened
Gopajti - Fantastic pictures for sure! I can tell that you take great care in your work. I do also find the comparison beam shots to be very helpful. The only suggestion that I would have is to list the other flashlights that are being photographed next to the reviewed light. I'm not able to identify all of them by sight.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I saw this light on sale today (50 euros excl 5 euros shipping), and was on the brink or getting it, but a few things stop me from auto-ordering it.

• I don't actually need a light with a charger, but already have an 18650 charger.
  • It comes without a holster, and I'd really like a holster to use it as a car / bag light.
  • The charging port is not micro USB, so wherever I go that I'd want to charge it, I'd also need to bring the cable.
  • Very high protruding switch, almost guaranteed to turn on the light when it's sitting somewhere deep in my bag (if not locked out of course).
  • It has no low-low mode (15 lumens medium).
  • There don't seem to be any out-of-the-box diffusers or cones for it. With a 38mm head, the 40mm nitecore or olight might fit with some mods, but 2mm is too much play-room to just add a layer of duct-tape or stab a toothick in there...
  • The hole/screw-socket in the back of the light (is it a 1/4"-20 standard tripod screw?) seems off without anything to screw in there.
  • How waterproof / rainproof is it without a cover for the charging port?

On the plus side:
  • It's bright and some reviews are very positive on the tint.
  • Jetbeam machining and anodizing seems great.
  • If the screw in the back is standard tripod size, I can fit the light to a lot of clamps (justin clamp or superclamps are amazing).
  • At least the bezel is less than 40mm, so at least common 40mm diffusers and cones can be made to fit. The other way around would be more problematic.
  • Supports 2 x CR123a which is great for cold winters if you keep it in the car. 18650's are pretty much useless when frozen.

All in all, looks like good deals are to be had for this light. I'm still not 100% sure on it. Does anyone care to convince me in any direction? I'm in the market for a BRIGHT 1x18650 light to put in the car.

Latest posts