Piezo Switch Experts

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klem:
Was wondering what settings you use for the Flex? I like the UIBQ2 except for the fact that you have to wait for the light levels to scroll down before turning the light off. Any way aorund that?
Thanks

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some pics of the install:

Head and switch...

headandcap.jpg
[/IMG]

Another

headandcap2.jpg
[/IMG]

Cable- this is 4 conductor 18/4. It is thicker than the 16/2 so cable gland doesn't close down as far

cable.jpg
[/IMG]

gland.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Codiak

Enlightened
button gonna be hard to reach if mounting the battery to the tank ;-)

Klem

Enlightened
Hector.

I use UIB2 mode in either Duomode or Trimode. It's personal preference but I like it programmed for fewest presses needed when underwater. Just two modes will do me. Bright and half bright.

I think you've got yours in 'Threemode' instead of 'Trimode'. In 'Threemode' you have to Press to reduce lights first before you can then Press again to turn off. In Trimode a Press in any mode turns it immediately Off. I agree...you don't want to fart-around when underwater trying to turn the thing off with multiple presses and wasting time.

I use all the options; thermal cut-out (although this is set on the most forgiving setting), voltage warnings and cut-out (I don't need/use a battery PCB thanks to this), and Superlock (without a recessed or shrouded piezo you probably will too).

There is a voltage drop of at least 1V on my battery pack when on High with the massive 42W current draw. If your pack is being worked hard you might want to set your cut-out voltages for a little higher than normal otherwise it will cut-out sooner than needed.

Cost of a Baran prolonged piezo in Australia is about $45 each including postage.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I did turn on superlock. Also, I am running multi mode. No thermal protection. This driver is great! Oh, also UIBQ2, I did not like the fact that in UIB2 when the battery is connected, the light flashes. Also, it is harder for an end user to enter programming mode in UIBQ2...
Does anyone run teh Cree Q5 at anything higher than 1 amp? I was thinking about going 1.5...

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prolonged, silver (natural anodized), $30 shipped anywhere in the world for the first 5. Now 4 since just sold 1. After that $33 shipped in USA and $35 anywhere else. Thanks