Pila IBC Charger Review

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The longest battery it will take is a 18650. I'm not familiar with a 18700. Maybe someone else can comment.

Last edited:

MachtSchnell

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where to get one of these chargers?
Seems like every site I find via Google have them listed as out of stock.

Thanks!

captnick

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review, got mine at Lighthound with the car charger and it's been working fine with the AW 18650 batteries. As a new guy here and lurking for several years, most of my purchases have been greatly influenced by these reviews, thanks again. :D

Japciho

Newly Enlightened
I bought yesterday Pila charger, through this site: http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/bach.html
Now I wonder, how reliable and whether anyone has experience on this, since I have not yet received confirmation of delivery .... I just got through the mail, that I paid.

Regards to all

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using mine constantly since the beginning of 2008 to charge a multitude of batteries including R123 and 18650's. I have had no problems at all in 5 years. I still have the same opinion as when I did the review. It is a great charger. Is a matter of fact, all of the R123 batteries I'm charging are the same batteries. So it definintely does not over charge your batteries.

Bill

Norm

Retired Administrator
I bought yesterday Pila charger, through this site: http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/bach.html
Now I wonder, how reliable and whether anyone has experience on this, since I have not yet received confirmation of delivery .... I just got through the mail, that I paid.

Regards to all
If you read the quoted post carefully Japciho is asking about the dealer not the charger.

Norm

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Norm. That's what happens when you read things extremely fast.

Japicho---I have used Bugoutgear in the past a few times with very good results. The owner used to frequent here and answer questions. I believe they were (are) a respected vendor. Give them a call....I'll bet everything is fine.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
I have purchased from Bugoutgear many times, and I had to get one faulty light replaced. Service was always A+ and always very helpful.
No problems with them.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen quite a few of these come up for sale on the CPF marketplace. I wonder why anyone would ditch the IBC, given how well it works. Is there a better charger on the market now, superior to IBC for not much more?

Phil828

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Pila charger and two 18650 AW batteries from Lighthound. Had my order in two days Texas to WV.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
yepper, been using a pila for almost 3 years now and not even a hiccup, damn thing just works and works well.

awesome little chargers indeed.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
yepper, been using a pila for almost 3 years now and not even a hiccup, damn thing just works and works well.

awesome little chargers indeed.

Your post made me wonder how long I've been using mine, so I had to look. My receipt goes back to mid-2008, so it's into five years now -- and like yours, without a hiccup along the way. It's not like I use it so often I'm wearing it out or anything, but it always keeps my 18650, RCR123A, 14500 batteries charged nicely. I've been very pleased with my Pila IBC charger over what's now a fairly extended ownership period.

sbbluewater

Newly Enlightened
Is it safe to assume that I can use the Pila IBC with the newer and larger capacity 18650 3400 mah batteries and that they will just take a longer time to charge? Anyone know how long I should expect a full charge to take?

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm sure you'll be fine, I don't have any 3400 mAh cells, I've had no problem with 3100mAh.

Norm

Burgess

Flashaholic
:bumpit:

* * * UPDATE * * *

Still a Great Charger !

And this is still a Great Thread !

lovecpf

BTW --
Recently verified this Intelligent Battery Charger
is indeed smart enough to realize if an
IDIOT operator inserted the battery in