pls help me choose: WP2-II vs Trustfire TR(001-3) vs Ultrafire WF-139

carto.gr

Newly Enlightened
hi all and greets from Greece :)

i am new here and i am searching to buy a charger for my 18650 2400 mah trustfire batteries.
i was reading many posts but i didnt find a topic that includes all of these chargers.
i am besides Xtar WP2-II, Trustfire TR001 and TR003 and Ultrafire WF-139.

i know that you have tested all these chargers and i ask for your opinion to help me choose. sorry for my bad English :-(

carto

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Of those options, I'd have to agree with the Xtar.

The Trustfires have the one advantage of being able to charge 16340 cells without spacers - their sliding terminals have more travel than other chargers, allowing for the smaller cells.

Other than requiring spacers for charging shorter cells, the Xtar is better in pretty much all other aspects, following something more akin to a true CC/CV charging profile, and being less likely to overcharge your batteries. You also have the USB charging output, which might be handy.

carto.gr

Newly Enlightened
thanks Stephen.
i saw in one supplier a trustfire charger with gold-plated sliding terminals. does it make difference at all?
i m speaking generally, cause i didnt saw it in Xtar units

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
WP2-II, although not perfect, its much better than any Trust/UltraFire charger out there.

And no, gold-plated terminals is not going to make a difference. Almost all chargers on the market just have steel charging terminals.

tony22

Newly Enlightened
carto, I have not tried the other chargers but I am happy with the WP2-II. One thing to be aware of, though. It seems like some of them are not packed with the spacers. Make sure (if possible) that your seller has one with the spacers included, otherwise you will have to buy them.

carto.gr

Newly Enlightened
carto, I have not tried the other chargers but I am happy with the WP2-II. One thing to be aware of, though. It seems like some of them are not packed with the spacers. Make sure (if possible) that your seller has one with the spacers included, otherwise you will have to buy them.

thanks Tony :)
speaking about spacers, just one question.
is ever discussed about DIY spacers? is it possible making one with simple materials?

p.s. according this:
xtarwp2ii2.jpg

are there other (smaller-not included in photo) sizes of batteries that can be charged with bigger spacers (like 15270 for example)?

Last edited: